Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whitehawk need their own thread!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Always found the changing of names a bit embrassing ie. Man Ure etc.

What's the the problem with the manager ? Whitehawk statistical over played themselves. Good luck to them.
Its a dig at the place not the football[emoji106]

Craven Wine

Apr 29, 2012
458f9b66088a3266af657c2a44aa52c5.jpg

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Genuinely surprised at all the negative and bloody stupid comments on here about Whitehawk.

It was as rough walking through there 30 years ago as it was 30 minutes ago.

One hell of a wet night at the enclosed,the queues were long the access was pretty naff,got into the ground by 7pm only to be told the covered end was full. Managed to squeeze into the last available muddy seats under nonexistent roof behind the south goal(the roof didn't go the full length! The seats were squeaky plastic withdean ones but nobody sat,Attila stood in the gangway in front of us. Didn't attempt to leave our vantage point for any refreshments or toilet queues.The football was raw the manager was comical the team defeated and the legs were struggling once the whole prolonged soaking business was done.Can't remember the last time it took so long to get out a stadium(probably the den) And do you know what? it was a bleeding cracking night with teenage drum induced atmosphere with a few flags and smoke bombs thrown in! The snobbery at the amex has help kill the atmosphere and the snide comments on here show the bitter arrogant side of our support. We have a cracking stadium,great team and chairman but our fans have lost the class we had in the dark days. Football returned to Brighton last night . Well done to all at the inclosed ground you did Brighton city proud!:moo:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
One hell of a wet night at the enclosed,the queues were long the access was pretty naff,got into the ground by 7pm only to be told the covered end was full. Managed to squeeze into the last available muddy seats under nonexistent roof behind the south goal(the roof didn't go the full length! The seats were squeaky plastic withdean ones but nobody sat,Attila stood in the gangway in front of us. Didn't attempt to leave our vantage point for any refreshments or toilet queues.The football was raw the manager was comical the team defeated and the legs were struggling once the whole prolonged soaking business was done.Can't remember the last time it took so long to get out a stadium(probably the den) And do you know what? it was a bleeding cracking night with teenage drum induced atmosphere with a few flags and smoke bombs thrown in! The snobbery at the amex has help kill the atmosphere and the snide comments on here show the bitter arrogant side of our support. We have a cracking stadium,great team and chairman but our fans have lost the class we had in the dark days. Football returned to Brighton last night . Well done to all at the inclosed ground you did Brighton city proud!:moo:
We're the same people.

:shrug:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

You was on the bus at 4-17 PM yesterday, on the way to the match, did you get lost?

I got there about 5-50 PM as a friend was driving and wanted to go early, there was a queue then. It was worth it as we got something to eat and a good position under the stand behind the goal.

The Whitehawk players gave everything last night against a very physical Dagenham team, shame about the injured Hawks players that couldn't continue, not sure why one player was subbed though minutes before half time.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Genuinely surprised at all the negative and bloody stupid comments on here about Whitehawk.

It was as rough walking through there 30 years ago as it was 30 minutes ago.
For what its worth, I've actually been to a few whitehawk games and enjoyed the day out, my flippant comment was like me being called a scoomer my whole life even though I grew up in bevendean!

You was on the bus at 4-17 PM yesterday, on the way to the match, did you get lost?

I got there about 5-50 PM as a friend was driving and wanted to go early, there was a queue then. It was worth it as we got something to eat and a good position under the stand behind the goal.

The Whitehawk players gave everything last night against a very physical Dagenham team, shame about the injured Hawks players that couldn't continue, not sure why one player was subbed though minutes before half time.

Got off the bus to pop in the bell:rolleyes: Bad time to sub a player while defending a set peace:mad: Lost concentration it seemed:ohmy:

Whitehawk manager definitely made a bad call with that substitution.

The player made it worse with his prolonging of the substitution,i thought at times hawks tried to play too much football when they lumped it in during the first 15 minutes daggers were all over the place.Too many corners didn't beat the first man but overall hawks gave it a good go but will badly miss the cash windfall from the next round.

The girl on the turnstile had a lovely smile considering the pressure she was under:smile: Hawks will have to look at how they deal with any future crowds of this size not easy to get out quickly apart going onto the pitch.:moo:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The snobbery at the amex has help kill the atmosphere and the snide comments on here show the bitter arrogant side of our support. We have a cracking stadium,great team and chairman but our fans have lost the class we had in the dark days. Football returned to Brighton last night . Well done to all at the inclosed ground you did Brighton city proud!:moo:

This is rubbish and actually makes me suspicious that you don't know your lower league football as much as you profess to. Steve King is about as bitter and arrogant a man in football you could ever wish to meet. Whitehawk have made few friends in their elevation up the leagues, and their heavy investment in the playing side betrays the long term ambition of improving the fan base given they can't even spend a few £100's improving the toilets and other facilities for all these 'new fans' they're hoping to attract. As someone with a close association with another conference south side, Whitehawk are not the angelic set up you somehow have been suckered into believe because you've gone to a big cup game. That said, their core support that they have are very good, and do get right behind the side. It is frustrating when a side clearly with heavy investment behind them can't improve their infrastructure while other clubs around do. Spend spend spend. It's the new non league I guess.:moo:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Says the troll that is the king of snide anti-albion comment on NSC

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

This is rubbish and actually makes me suspicious that you don't know your lower league football as much as you profess to. Steve King is about as bitter and arrogant a man in football you could ever wish to meet. Whitehawk have made few friends in their elevation up the leagues, and their heavy investment in the playing side betrays the long term ambition of improving the fan base given they can't even spend a few £100's improving the toilets and other facilities for all these 'new fans' they're hoping to attract. As someone with a close association with another conference south side, Whitehawk are not the angelic set up you somehow have been suckered into believe because you've gone to a big cup game. That said, their core support that they have are very good, and do get right behind the side. It is frustrating when a side clearly with heavy investment behind them can't improve their infrastructure while other clubs around do. Spend spend spend. It's the new non league I guess.:moo:

I am under no illusion what or who Whitehawk are,my respect goes to the small group of fans (a few more last night)who give it some passion and effort. It was good to see and hear:clap2:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I am under no illusion what or who Whitehawk are,my respect goes to the small group of fans (a few more last night)who give it some passion and effort. It was good to see and hear:clap2:

Yes, their fans are very good, and have built good relationships with other clubs. Fair play to them it must be said.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I seem to remember that Lewes were in a bit of a state when Steve King left them, so I hope Whitehawk are being managed in a better way.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Whitehawk v Ebbsfleet United tomorrow ( Mon 28 December) 3 PM kick off.

League leaders Ebbsfleet visit Whitehawk tomorrow, should be a good match if anyone fancies some football before Tursday evening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here