Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Whitehawk FC - Half-Season Tickets from just £40...

Hawks and Seagulls

Aug 2, 2018
I try and take interest in local clubs and have watched Whitehawk. Unbelievable only 50 ST holders/ How on earth do you survive. Wasnt long ago I heard you were paying some players £500 a week but maybe I am wrong

Nowhere near £500, not these days... It's been tough the last few years - the club's been relegated twice in two years, so being in a position where we are at the moment (3rd with two games in hand), is a bonus...

Crowds have held up too - there's a die-hard regular support of about 200, and whatever we can add from that... Crowds are around 350, and since I've been there (18months), we've got to 600+ The ground holds 3,000 so that gives you some context...

We currently Club of the Year, doing a lot of work with all generations in the Community, working better with students, and this year's our 75th Anniversary...

I've pitched in for a pre-season friendly with the Seagulls - Haven't heard back from Colonel Barber yet but I'm hopeful!

You should give it a go... The football isn't as kick & rush as you might think...:smile:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Concourse? Blimey, I wish! The Clubhouse is decent, good ales, really good selection of footie food, and don't forget you can buy a pint and stand on the terraces with it...

It was tongue in cheek :D

Won’t be for me this season but there will come a time when I will have and if Albion stay in the PL and prices keep going up then.........

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
When I go I park just off Wilson Avenue. Ten minute walk to the ground. It's a bit lazy as I live in Queen's Park. Should walk really.

Plenty of buses that stop not too far as well.

You realise there's a car park next to the ground? Drive right in the park, passed the camp site, go by the turnstiles and where it ends is a free car park?

Warner Edwards

Aug 2, 2017
Nowhere near £500, not these days... It's been tough the last few years - the club's been relegated twice in two years, so being in a position where we are at the moment (3rd with two games in hand), is a bonus...

Crowds have held up too - there's a die-hard regular support of about 200, and whatever we can add from that... Crowds are around 350, and since I've been there (18months), we've got to 600+ The ground holds 3,000 so that gives you some context...

We currently Club of the Year, doing a lot of work with all generations in the Community, working better with students, and this year's our 75th Anniversary...

I've pitched in for a pre-season friendly with the Seagulls - Haven't heard back from Colonel Barber yet but I'm hopeful!

You should give it a go... The football isn't as kick & rush as you might think...:smile:

I try and get to 2 or 3 games a season at least (in my defence I work away a fair amount). How many teams go up automatically and then is it a straight play off from this league or does the winner have to play off against another regional league play off winner? I can't seem to fathom it out. sorry

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I'm recovering from illness at the moment but hoping to make the Guernsey beam back Sunday.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You realise there's a car park next to the ground? Drive right in the park, passed the camp site, go by the turnstiles and where it ends is a free car park?

I'm not going to use it. I'm lazy enough as it is.

Hawks and Seagulls

Aug 2, 2018
I try and get to 2 or 3 games a season at least (in my defence I work away a fair amount). How many teams go up automatically and then is it a straight play off from this league or does the winner have to play off against another regional league play off winner? I can't seem to fathom it out. sorry

One goes up automatically, the next four teams face the play-offs, with the winner also going up...

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
One goes up automatically, the next four teams face the play-offs, with the winner also going up...

Not quite (alas)

There are twelve places in the next level up and seven leagues to feed into them.

So it's seven champions and five play off winners.

So two will miss out. Which raises the question as to why the affected teams might bother.

The sensible approach is to take 3 play off winners and let the remaining 4 scrap it out for two places.

They might have changed it. But I don't think so. I'd love to be wrong.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Wish you well for rest of season. Will aim to get along for a game.

A pre season friendly would be fun for the City !

I know having a second team is frowned upon by the cognoscenti but spending all Saturdays away from your family if they are not that into football is not realistic even if expense isn’t the issue - so many decent Sussex little teams while Albion are away, you cant beat live football over Jeff Stelling, great tho he is. Can’t recall going to any of the local grounds and being disappointed, they all have something

Warner Edwards

Aug 2, 2017
Not quite (alas)

There are twelve places in the next level up and seven leagues to feed into them.

So it's seven champions and five play off winners.

So two will miss out. Which raises the question as to why the affected teams might bother.

The sensible approach is to take 3 play off winners and let the remaining 4 scrap it out for two places.

They might have changed it. But I don't think so. I'd love to be wrong.

I don't feel stupid for not getting my head around it now, cheers

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I know having a second team is frowned upon by the cognoscenti but spending all Saturdays away from your family if they are not that into football is not realistic even if expense isn’t the issue - so many decent Sussex little teams while Albion are away, you cant beat live football over Jeff Stelling, great tho he is. Can’t recall going to any of the local grounds and being disappointed, they all have something

Yep, agree with this.

Went along to see my first Worthing match earlier in the season. Tenner to get in, reasonably priced food & drink, pints actually poured fresh for you in the clubhouse & the match finished 5-5 with both teams actually playing decent football. It was a great day out.

FWIW, Worthing have taken 26 points from their last 10 games and went top of the table today after winning 6-1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here