Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whitehawk FC - Chelsea of the county league!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
If Whitehawk got to the football league do you think they'd be another Millwall?

whitehawk in the football league is easily the most LAUGHABLE thing i have ever read on here!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
whitehawk in the football league is easily the most LAUGHABLE thing i have ever read on here!
You say that, but until recently it looked like Farsley Celtic were on the threshold of doing something similar in Leeds.

Sadly, it all went tits up. Sad, because it would have been SMASHING seeing Leeds have to play a derby against *them*.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I think the pitch slopes too much from touchline to touchline to go in the Ryman League. Would take a long time and a lot of money to get that right first.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I think the pitch slopes too much from touchline to touchline to go in the Ryman League. Would take a long time and a lot of money to get that right first.
Wouldn't take that long. The plan is to move it around 90 degrees whilst leveling it at the same time.

It's a pipe dream. They'll spend big this season to go us or try and win the FA Vase, they'll go up and suddenly find out the extra costs of playing in the next league up. Local players wont want to travel, go elsewhere and take fans with them. The money men will then have to dig deeper to just hold the league position the following season, Withdean will become available, Lewes are still there, andf they will deceide that the money is far better spent elsewhere. Whitehawk will be embarrased for a season as they come back down to county, probably dive a division or two after that, and then have half of Brighton say "told you so!".

I hope it works out, but for the life of me just cannot see how a local side who when at the top end of the league struggle to get 50 fans through the gate, are suddenly going to find the fan base worthy of building a stadia for?:shrug:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I hope it works out, but for the life of me just cannot see how a local side who when at the top end of the league struggle to get 50 fans through the gate, are suddenly going to find the fan base worthy of building a stadia for?:shrug:

plus their location is a bloody NIGHTMARE to get to which puts off casual fans!

as i said earlier in the thread, there are plenty of teams in the county league who could make a decent stab at the jump up the leagues and probably make a success of it if wealthy businessmen want to invest - whitehawk just isnt one of them

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
plus their location is a bloody NIGHTMARE to get to which puts off casual fans!
They could always relocate less than a mile away to Sheepcote Valley which was a preferred option that LDC wanted taken up for the Albion's new ground.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I remember when Rod Flavell was pumping money into Saltdean, Gerry Green managing, plenty of people bought in at what was megabucks (£50 a game at the time) Ifill playing, loads of drunken talk about a march up the pryamid. Was never going to happen and a spell in County 3 guaranteed like someone said above, when people get bored.

For me Whitehawk have always been the only club in the local area with potential, forget Saltdean Peacehaven Newhaven etc.

It would never happen, but if I was going to bet on the nose for someone guaranteed a place (in the sense of getting out of the county league rut for a Brighton club), Whitehawk would be it. When they have been in with a sniff of a decent FA cup draw half of east Brighton turns out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here