Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whitehawk anyone?

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Jake Robinson got punched?

Whitehawk Ultras LOL.

I would love to know how many people actually from Whitehawk atttended.

So many bandwagon jumpers.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Whitehawk Ultras LOL.

When you support a team on a 17-match unbeaten run at the top of the second tier, showing some support and having a modicum of appreciation for a local team five tiers below which is doing well in the FA Cup is hardly bandwagon jumping.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Adam El-Abd also in the crowd.

Great cup tie, great atmosphere, great result.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Only 1300 must be disappointing.I am sure Whitehawk have had far bigger crowds when far less money was being spent.
Great result though.

The ground was segregated for Lincoln fans and they didn't bring that many, not sure if anyone that wanted to support Whitehawk got turned away.
The Whitehawk end behind the goal was packed solid, as was the area in front of the bar.
Not sure if you have been to the ground for a while but the part of the ground opposite the main stand is closed.

I think 1300 + wasn't a bad crowd, and I'm sure if the match had been played on Saturday with the Albion at home and some people at work the crowd would have been under 1000.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I remember in the 1980's attending a game, I am guessing FA Cup Whitehawk against Bognor at Whitehawk, was a pretty decent crowd then and also Peacehaven against STAMCO at Peacehaven a Sussex County league top of the league clash and again Peacehaven against Littlehampton at Peacehaven in a FA Vase game all had comparable perhaps bigger crowds than yesterdays Whitehawk game, so yes it wasnt that big and perhaps an indication of the lack of potential crowds Whitehawk can ever expect to get, in its current form.

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
very deserved win for whitehawk and a thoroughly entertaining match goals pushing n shoving drums trumpets flares going up lets hope for a home draw tonight

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
I remember in the 1980's attending a game, I am guessing FA Cup Whitehawk against Bognor at Whitehawk, was a pretty decent crowd then and also Peacehaven against STAMCO at Peacehaven a Sussex County league top of the league clash and again Peacehaven against Littlehampton at Peacehaven in a FA Vase game all had comparable perhaps bigger crowds than yesterdays Whitehawk game, so yes it wasnt that big and perhaps an indication of the lack of potential crowds Whitehawk can ever expect to get, in its current form.

It's tough for any lower league team these days. There wasn't the glut of televised games then as there is now. I went in a pub after the game and it was full of young people watching Tottenham v Arsenal.. How many would even have been aware that an FA Cup game had been played just a couple of miles away..

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It's tough for any lower league team these days. There wasn't the glut of televised games then as there is now. I went in a pub after the game and it was full of young people watching Tottenham v Arsenal.. How many would even have been aware that an FA Cup game had been played just a couple of miles away..

I guess so, I was told by an old timer that in the 50's there was a special train laid on for the 'local derby' between Lewes and Newhaven, crowds in the 1000's, different times no doubt.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Whitehawk Ultras LOL.

A lot of football fans will go to see a local non league club in the first round of the FA cup if they can, especially against league opposition. Doesn't matter which club it is, there is something a bit special about a team of part timers getting into the first round. Simple as that.

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
Cracking game of old school football. Do wonder how some of the Lincoln players can be pros, a few were carrying some serious timber.

How the 'Ultras' kept going for 3 hours non-stop is beyond me.

Exactly what I thought...their number 9 certainly was, but he knew when the goal was, bagged a hat-trick..

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Away at Dagenham or Morecambe in the next round.
Not very glamorous but a chance of progressing.

Lucky the Powells were cleared out or this would never have been possible for Whitehawk.
They ran the club for over 50 years and held it back in their later stages.

There appears to be no accurate record of attendances at Peacehaven, anecdotally it's about 1500 whith I think would have been Clitheroe in the Vase but the memory's hazy! I would have have thought the "chaotic" friendly with Whitehawk that was played as a fund raiser in memory of Connor Saunders not long after his passing attracted a larger crowd although no figures were recorded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here