"White Lives Matter Burnley" banner flown over the Etihad

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I wonder if there is any grounds for Burnley to be docked points? I'm not saying they will or should (one can only hope), but if the EPL are actually serious about the progressive BLM movement then this could be a watershed moment.

As much as I do not like Burnley as an area or club, they have no influence or say in the actions of a few idiots, and it would be totally unfair to fine or dock points. EVERY club has idiots, yesterday I heard elderly Brighton fans talking in a bookmakers in Lancing about the victory, then one of them pipes up about BLM on the back of the shirts... "What's that all about then, its has nothing to do with me" he then went into the "WLM" bullshit, and as he was walking out he said he was going to dig out his confederate flag and fly it !!! What a complete and utter cock, others in the there agreed with him.
I was dumbfounded and just could not believe what he said, but sadly I could and should have expected as much from some of his generation, probably 15 years older than me, and would have been going regularly to the Goldstone smack bang in the NF years...
The scary thing is I knew people like him when I was younger, and the vile they preach, that man has kids, probaby grandchildren, what does he say to them, where does it end.....
Burnley are not alone with racist fans, we have them, and you can not stop them, do you know why......

Because they are stupid and stupid people do unpredictable things...

They need to die out, and be replaced with the younger more tolerant generation, before they indoctrinate or influence any more stupid people.

Points ban, Nah

Life ban, Yeah

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Tbf a lot of people are jumping to conclusions on the message. Bit like the majority of the world who are assuming the George Floyd murder was racist despite there being not a single shred of evidence to suggest it was racially motivated...

Just playing devils advocate and no theres never a bad time to campaign for equality ever... Actually there is, whilst there’s a pandemic and everyone is meant to be socially distancing :lol:

FWIW I suspect the Burnley message wasn’t done as a reminder that all our lives matter (or irony) and I suspect the GF killing was racially motivated to some degree, but I do like to deal in facts and know the information first before jumping to conclusions - that’s the point I’m making.

Please be careful, sheebo there appears to be a lack of logic and lots of emotion ruling the heads of many.
We all know that racism has been In decline for years, but a political agenda is driving it back to the slave years.
We only need to look on the football pitch to see that there is a fair balance. But make no mistake they are there on ability, for that role, like the amount of British black sprinters, are also.
Should some of the white sprinters be showing the race card?
No of course, not they are not good enough, results speak.

Floyd was a nasty man, although the murder was wrong, as you say it was hyped as a racial killing, I am still awaiting the evidence to prove this also.

The real big issue is emotion, and political agenda is powering a machine that will divide hatred throughout all society, and all that back BLM our contributing to that hatred.

Backing kick out racism was working. The word BLACK in their movement is wrong.

The scale of racist in this country was at an all-time low.

That will now change on both side, oh what joy just because the lefties want a fight.

I have always said this far-left movement is far more dangerous than the far right, and the country knew that with their heads when sinking Corbyn at the elections.

Meantime I will stay safe and use my head, fair play to having the bolloxs to say what your head says on here.

Any more people on here prepared to say the same?

As there is a massive clouding of judgement being lead by their emotion or political agenda or scaredness of being labelled a racist, by the bullies.

Police are currently searching Burnley for a suspect with the money to pay for a banner and who can spell properly. An arrest is expected any second as 30,251 people have already been ruled out as suspects.

I know you're having a joke, but also you are showing a real prejudice against the people of Burnley, how come?

Thought you despised this sort of going on?

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Is it entirely possible that they may just be advocating for the equal treatment of BAME and to stop the systematic racism that is engrained in many cultures and countries, without agreeing with everything that a movement stands for?

I'm guessing you've never voted for a political party and 100% agreed with every single pledge or decision they have made?

No, that’s a very good point and I completely agree, our political parties represent a basket of policies and you can’t always be 100% behind them all. I made a similar point recently on the left and right thread, as equally you can agree with different policies with different parties.

The thing is, the objective of dismantling capitalism is something of a core issue isn’t it, and more specifically with reference to the organisers behind the BLM movement its a clear indication of who you are aligning with.

That’s the rub, the BLM movement is currently the only equality show in town, the fact that has some credible intentions is one thing. If, however, those credible intentions are embedded in a policy that involves the overthrow of capitalism by any measure that’s an extremist position. Even Corbyn wasn’t that radical and he was still decimated at the last election so I doubt the dismantling of capitalism will be a policy of a mainstream party any time soon.

So, where’s the non-extremist alternative, equality without dismantlement of capitalism, because that’s the cause I would expect multi millionaire footballers to be coalescing behind.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
The short history of aerial banners seems to me to be something of a nightmare. Who, for example, could forget that image of Nigel Farage outside the crashed plane carrying his banner? Or the ones ‘Moyes must go’ over Old Trafford during Moyes’ tenancy there? I am puzzled that individual pilots can fly around football stadiums and built up areas and the like trailing these things without some air traffic controller wondering what is going on…

An ex-RAF pilot I know says that you can't overfly a public gathering above a certain number of people, but presumably you can fly around a stadium at a distance. In any case I wouldn't think that an almost-empty Etihad would count.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
No, that’s a very good point and I completely agree, our political parties represent a basket of policies and you can’t always be 100% behind them all. I made a similar point recently on the left and right thread, as equally you can agree with different policies with different parties.

The thing is, the objective of dismantling capitalism is something of a core issue isn’t it, and more specifically with reference to the organisers behind the BLM movement its a clear indication of who you are aligning with.

That’s the rub, the BLM movement is currently the only equality show in town, the fact that has some credible intentions is one thing. If, however, those credible intentions are embedded in a policy that involves the overthrow of capitalism by any measure that’s an extremist position. Even Corbyn wasn’t that radical and he was still decimated at the last election so I doubt the dismantling of capitalism will be a policy of a mainstream party any time soon.

So, where’s the non-extremist alternative, equality without dismantlement of capitalism, because that’s the cause I would expect multi millionaire footballers to be coalescing behind.

It depends on your personal viewpoint - I can't see anything on the BLM website about abolishing capitalism (it could be on there, i just havent found it), but this isn't simply about politics - it's about basic human decency. I'd argue that is a far more pressing issue to not just the movement but all the supporters than bringing down capitalism...but then it depends on your angle on it.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Apologies if fixtures but manic at work so can't scroll back, but when we played Burnley during the 2005 Election campaign, right in the middle of the town centre was a huge industrial tower, which had a giant 'VOTE BNP' banner hanging down.

Told you everything you needed to know about the place.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Please be careful, sheebo there appears to be a lack of logic and lots of emotion ruling the heads of many.
We all know that racism has been In decline for years, but a political agenda is driving it back to the slave years.
We only need to look on the football pitch to see that there is a fair balance. But make no mistake they are there on ability, for that role, like the amount of British black sprinters, are also.
Should some of the white sprinters be showing the race card?
No of course, not they are not good enough, results speak.

Floyd was a nasty man, although the murder was wrong, as you say it was hyped as a racial killing, I am still awaiting the evidence to prove this also.

The real big issue is emotion, and political agenda is powering a machine that will divide hatred throughout all society, and all that back BLM our contributing to that hatred.

Backing kick out racism was working. The word BLACK in their movement is wrong.

The scale of racist in this country was at an all-time low.

That will now change on both side, oh what joy just because the lefties want a fight.

I have always said this far-left movement is far more dangerous than the far right, and the country knew that with their heads when sinking Corbyn at the elections.

Meantime I will stay safe and use my head, fair play to having the bolloxs to say what your head says on here.

Any more people on here prepared to say the same?

As there is a massive clouding of judgement being lead by their emotion or political agenda or scaredness of being labelled a racist, by the bullies.

I know you're having a joke, but also you are showing a real prejudice against the people of Burnley, how come?

Thought you despised this sort of going on?

'The scale of racist in this country was at an all-time low.'

What barometer are you applying to this ?

It rather seems that it is more evident than it has been for a while.

Whether the UK left the EU or not was not really of that much importance to me. What I did worry about was an increase in racist and xenophobic attitudes that would be subtly led by the right wing media. Sadly it has come to pass.

Some of this, of course, has come to pass as a result of concerns, whether realistic or not, being ignored or not addressed at all. But all the while you have governments who play the triumphant Britain is best card it will fester.

Sad times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports