Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] White House Farm

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
But a bit late to bring it up in 2020 when it happened in 1985?

Unfortunately I wasn't on the investigative team in 1985 otherwise I would have brought it up at the time rather than leaving it until now.
However I think one of NSC's other belated investigative team currently on the case may have answered my question.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Charles Bronson passed in 2003. My aunt knows his sister. She, Mrs. Engert, Bronson's sister, was a very "regular" person who married a German American from Missouri when they met at Fort Dix in New Jersey during WWII. Her husband's name was Lee. Mrs. Buchinsky Engert was from a rural Pennsylvania coal mining town. She always said that Charles was a real sweet heart that he was never like the characters he played in films. She said when Jill Ireland died it truly broke Charles' heart and when Charles remarried later in life she truly disliked his younger wife who only seemed to be after Charles fame and money.

Eh?

You do know that’s a different Charles Branson don’t you?

Actually Charles Salvador now.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Ive always been interested in this case. Bamber has been in chokey for 35 years plus and still insists he didn't do it. If he'd have admitted it some years back he may well have been parolled by now.

Either he's innocent or really bloody minded!

If you were innocent would you say you did it if that got you out of jail? If he keeps insisting he's innocent he'll stay inside till he dies.

In a way I hope he's guilty, imagine what a terrible thing to go through if he is innocent?

Didn't Russell Bishop protest his innocence for the babes in the woods whilst inside for almost committing the exact same crime to another young girl? Means nothing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cool thread, bro :shrug:

Didn't Russell Bishop protest his innocence for the babes in the woods whilst inside for almost committing the exact same crime to another young girl? Means nothing.

Bishop wasn't in jail for the babes in the wood case so why would he admit he had killed them? Not only would it not get his parole for the earlier case he'd also then be charged with this one.

Bishop hadn't been in chokey for 35 years and knew he wasn't going to get parole until he owned up. Of all the people given whole life sentences I believe only Bamber has been protesting his innocence for that amount of time.

I would suggest this means a whole lot. He's either innocent or happy inside or extremely bloody minded

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
For me [from the TV drama] one of the critical bits of info was the fact that Sheila could not have shot herself TWICE under the chin - in fact, her arms weren't long enough to reach the trigger to be able to shoot herself even ONCE.

Very surprised this did not emerge in the courtroom.

How realistic was the "Taff" character? I can believe there are coppers with that attitude ....

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Bishop wasn't in jail for the babes in the wood case so why would he admit he had killed them? Not only would it not get his parole for the earlier case he'd also then be charged with this one.

Bishop hadn't been in chokey for 35 years and knew he wasn't going to get parole until he owned up. Of all the people given whole life sentences I believe only Bamber has been protesting his innocence for that amount of time.

I would suggest this means a whole lot. He's either innocent or happy inside or extremely bloody minded

Or exactly the same person who blasted his family to death 35 years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
For me [from the TV drama] one of the critical bits of info was the fact that Sheila could not have shot herself TWICE under the chin - in fact, her arms weren't long enough to reach the trigger to be able to shoot herself even ONCE.

I'm sure there was far more said in court than the dramatisation we saw on tv.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

How realistic was the "Taff" character? I can believe there are coppers with that attitude ....

Try the podcast Untold - Daniel Morgan murder. Makes 80s coppers like Taff look lovely!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

The postmortem reports two entry wounds under the chin - my guess would be that they were close together and with the blood that flowed, at the scene, looked like one, especially if your mind was already aligned to a suicide.

Unless you are suggesting the dead body was shot again between the scene and the slab to make it look like murder? Highly improbable ....

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
The postmortem reports two entry wounds under the chin - my guess would be that they were close together and with the blood that flowed, at the scene, looked like one, especially if your mind was already aligned to a suicide.

Unless you are suggesting the dead body was shot again between the scene and the slab to make it look like murder? Highly improbable ....

I am only pointing out what is being claimed by his defenders. I have no personal axe to grind.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek

Good point,yet ignored.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek

From watching this drama surely the whole case rests on that ?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Jeremy Bamber

JB1.jpg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
^ him and his campaign team have been trotting that one out ever since his conviction. Guy is completely delusional, but still gets loads of female fan mail to this day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here