Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

white hart lane

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
having not been since the the last time we played spurs (we won) to WHL i must say i was not impressed with the ground.
the pitch seems really small (or was just me). it appears to be a lot smaller than before (and hardly any grass). the stands do not look that impressive and somewhat faceless. the atmoshere apart from our fans seemed to be non-existant but there again perhaps that due to our superb display and there unreadiness to get behind their team.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The toilets at Withdean have got to be the best in the league.

( Expect Selhurst Park and the surrounding area of course, which is basically one big toilet )

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I wasn't tempted to wash my hands after taking my halftime wee!

Apart from the toilets, I thought the facilities were pretty good.

The catering was shite though. The burger vans we get at Withdean are much better than the plastic microwaved papier mache you get at most grounds these days. I actually have a theory that the food gets better the further down the pyramid you go. I've been to Woking a couple of times and the burger van there serves some top notch grub.

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
The meat and potato pies at some of the Lancashire grounds have to be tasted to be believed.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
it wasn't just the behind the scences facitlities but the whole ground i was on about. but there again we've been to cardiff which they haven't so know a decent arena when we see one!:lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I must remember to take spare bottle tops next time. Why do some clubs confiscate them? I could have done more harm with a fifty pence piece.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
impressed with the stadium myself to.except no beer at half time!!

dougdeep said:
I must remember to take spare bottle tops next time. Why do some clubs confiscate them? I could have done more harm with a fifty pence piece.

It's not throwing the tops they are worried about. It is throwing a full bottle that has been shaken. They would rather you shower the fans with liquid than hit them with a bottle of water, I presume.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
dougdeep said:

I remember the game at Southend a few seasons back. I went with a friend who wanted to take a 2 litre bottle of water in to the game. The stewards made him hand over the lid. When asked why they said incase he threw it at the pitch. Just inside the turnstiles was a pile of stones about the size of a golf ball. I asked the stewards if he would exchange these for the bottle lid, but he did not see the funny side of it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I also think it's unfair, that the younger fans get body-searched, and us oldies don't.:angry:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I thought the stewards outside the ground were very good yesterday. I was searched and the guy wanted to know what my flash drive was. When I explained it too him he looked even more confused then before he asked. He then handed it back, wished me a good afternoon and a good game.

Make a change to see a steward who is happy doing their job, instead of some of the power hungry types that seem to be the norm.

beadman

Aug 27, 2003
Seven Dials
Another ground unduly biased towards their own team.

'Here is your Spurs team for this afternoon' announced 20 minutes before kick off. I listened intently for McGhee's selection but Albion's line up was not announced until they were already lining up for the kick off!

Tottenham goals shown four or five times on the TV monitor (oooh!) but where was Chippie's peach of a free kick. (Come to think of it can anyone remember whether they showed his crossbar cracker early on?

Not as painful as Palarse's Glad All Over (even after the game had restarted) at Motorhead volume two years ago but the principle was exactly the same.

Never mind Roy Carroll these are the issues the FA should be acting on.

Overall a marvelous day out, just goes to show what a decent stadium can do in lifting a team.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They showed all the highlights at the end. But I expect a lot of people were on the way to the pub by then. And why not.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Curious Orange said:
IThe catering was shite though. The burger vans we get at Withdean are much better than the plastic microwaved papier mache you get at most grounds these days.

At least they did Bovril. Nothing deserves to be compaired to the North Stand catering at Withdean. Oh, how I long for a decent half-time burger.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
There were some great seats below the executive boxes on the east stand

Christ knows if they were season ticket holder's seats but they were immediately behing the 2 foot diameter columns supporting the stand roof/floodlights.....................Mind you, probably thebest place to be to watch Spurs!!!

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
PILTDOWN MAN said:
having not been since the the last time we played spurs (we won) to WHL i must say i was not impressed with the ground.
the pitch seems really small (or was just me). it appears to be a lot smaller than before (and hardly any grass). the stands do not look that impressive and somewhat faceless. the atmoshere apart from our fans seemed to be non-existant but there again perhaps that due to our superb display and there unreadiness to get behind their team.
moaner?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here