Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whitchcraft In Sussex

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
From The Argus how very odd.

HTML:
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/quirkies/4866264.Witches_blamed_for_Sussex_horse_plaits/

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i got done over by a couple of witches on hill barn golf course whilst chasing a badger on my tricycle , they took my curly wurly away and shot me up the bottom with a pea shooter full of cold scrambled egg........

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
last county to be converted to Christianity = plenty of Covens still around and some very old

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Look up Clapham Woods on T'internet if you like this kind of thing. Odd place.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Look up Clapham Woods on T'internet if you like this kind of thing. Odd place.

I've been meaning to go over there for ages now, so must do it this year.

What did you make of the place Nibs?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Friend of a friend showed me some photos of stuff he stumbled upon in the woods by the cement works that was on the shortish list for the new stadium. There was little stick-dolls with ribbons hanging from trees and all sorts. VERY Blair Witch Project :ohmy:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I've been meaning to go over there for ages now, so must do it this year.

What did you make of the place Nibs?

I spent the night in there when I was a lad.

Also stumbled across some very odd witchcraft stuff in Stamner woods...massive pentagram on the ground made of branches all tied together with burnt areas at the apexes. As has been mentioned before also had loads of bundles of twigs hanging from trees á la Blair Witch but before anyone had heard of it.

Also saw a Ghost in there on another visit...oddly another Poster on here has seen one in the Park as well, never heard of it as a haunted location otherwise.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I spent the night in there when I was a lad.

Also stumbled across some very odd witchcraft stuff in Stamner woods...massive pentagram on the ground made of branches all tied together with burnt areas at the apexes. As has been mentioned before also had loads of bundles of twigs hanging from trees á la Blair Witch but before anyone had heard of it.

Also saw a Ghost in there on another visit...oddly another Poster on here has seen one in the Park as well, never heard of it as a haunted location otherwise.

Really hon? how intriguing! What happened??

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Really hon? how intriguing! What happened??

Walking up through the Great wood with my ex and her dog one October evening when we walked into something that I can only call a wall of fear, it sounds really lame but we were suddenly terrified with the dog going mental and running back to the car...(this Dog NEVER did anything like that before...very boisterous German Pointer) .As this was going on she pointed out that there was a tall man with dark hair and heavy sideburns on the path ahead just staring at us as we were turning back this guy leapt about 8 meters to his left...when I say leapt I mean one second he was there in front of us, the next he was off the path to the side and closer to us, still staring.

Then he just sort of "blended" into the gloom and vanished.

I can honestly say i nearly crapped myself..never been so scared.

Something was very very wrong about the whole thing.

Ditchling and Newick are both famous for Witchcraft. Who knows about the legend of the woman who ate her babies in Lewes and was hanged in Kingston. If you run round the brick waterworks building at the bottom of the road that leads from the A 27 up to Kingston at midnight on halloween, the old girl appears

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Used to be some right old witches,or even whitches,in Seaford & Newhaven-but there were some nice birds too:wink::facepalm:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
ditchling has got some sort of witching circle, they do take it quite seroiusly apparently

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
while we are on the subject as well as mis spelling the bloody thread title it has dawned on me i dont know how to post a link, please can someone tell this 22 year old computer illiterate?? ta x

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Ditchling and Newick are both famous for Witchcraft. Who knows about the legend of the woman who ate her babies in Lewes and was hanged in Kingston. If you run round the brick waterworks building at the bottom of the road that leads from the A 27 up to Kingston at midnight on halloween, the old girl appears

Nan Kemp, I believe.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
As an atheist I find it very hard to come to terms with all this, espescially as i lived in what can only be described as a haunted flat in Birmingham before moving down here. Loads of mad things happened to me in that flat, the worst being just as i settled down under my duvet something sitting down on the end of the bed (i lived alone) scared the absolute shit out of me the first couple of times that happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here