Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whistling

Stinkers Bridge

Jul 28, 2004
Buxted Harbour
Whilst in trap 1 today, taking my early morning sabbatical, someone else entered the latrine and proceeded to whistle a beautiful, probably self composed, dittie which got me thinking about whistling as an entertainment.
There was a time when it was common place, and acceptable, for Roger Whittaker to take up valuable prime time television slots to entertain us with his melodic and hypnotising whistling.

Of course, the powers that be at 'Entertainment House' have decided nowadays that this is not what the viewers wish to see.

I think my favourite whistling tune is 'I Was Kaiser Bill's Batman' by Whistling Jack Smith.

Anyone else got any favourites or whistling inspired anecdotes?

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Stinkers Bridge said:
Whilst in trap 1 today, taking my early morning sabbatical, someone else entered the latrine and proceeded to whistle a beautiful, probably self composed, dittie which got me thinking about whistling as an entertainment.
There was a time when it was common place, and acceptable, for Roger Whittaker to take up valuable prime time television slots to entertain us with his melodic and hypnotising whistling.

Of course, the powers that be at 'Entertainment House' have decided nowadays that this is not what the viewers wish to see.

I think my favourite whistling tune is 'I Was Kaiser Bill's Batman' by Whistling Jack Smith.

Anyone else got any favourites or whistling inspired anecdotes?

Smoke on the water

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
William Tell. I still whistle.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
NMH said:
There's a stunning whistling break in 'Dock of A Bay' - try not to whistle along!

Yup, that's a good un

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I love, LOVE whistling the ditty from Disneys Robin Hood (its whistled/sung by a COCK with a mandarin)

robin-hood-wallpaper-1.jpg

Di di Deeeo do Deeeeo do Deeeeo do

Its my favourite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here