Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whing gets early call back

Level 42

Gecko
Aug 14, 2003
Southwick
Albion have lost the services of their on-loan defender Andrew Whing.

The attack-minded right back, who can also play as a central defender, has been called back early by Coventry City.

Whing's loan was not due to expire until the end of the month and he had appeared to be out of favour at the Ricoh Arena.

But Coventry's under-fire boss Micky Adams has been forced to re-assess his options after a nightmare run of three defeats.

More in The Argus tomorrow.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
do'h , not bad at defending. Wont miss his inability to pass to a coleague theough. Def need to sign a replacement Wendy . Could be good oppurtunity as defence yesterday was a shambles

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is it at this juncture I say " I told you so"

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Southwick Seagull said:
Albion have lost the services of their on-loan defender Andrew Whing.

The attack-minded right back, who can also play as a central defender, has been called back early by Coventry City.

Whing's loan was not due to expire until the end of the month and he had appeared to be out of favour at the Ricoh Arena.

But Coventry's under-fire boss Micky Adams has been forced to re-assess his options after a nightmare run of three defeats.

More in The Argus tomorrow.

So no f***ing chance of getting her fulltime then

Oct 25, 2003
jakes right boot said:
Isn't he part of the Revell deal? Or was that just rumour?

wild rumour, i think the basis of it was that we were interested in whing, and they were interested in revell. no talk of a swap deal

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Trigger said:
I posted last week that I could see that happening after their 0-5 drubbing...

:(

Think you,ll find it,s got much more to do with the fact, that Adams wants Revell .......Albion aren,t interested.....Adams having a tantrum and trying to put more pressure on us.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Yeah, do wonder whether its all part of a game with regards to possible transfer talks. Asserting there authority.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Where exactly does all this Coventry want Revell talk come from?

He's managed half a season in League 1, performing well by our standards but hardly setting the place alight. I could understand they might want to keep an eye on how he develops but why would they want to rush in and buy him with so little experience having only just made the step up from non league football?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here