Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

While we're having an inquest into last night: Palace have far better songs than us...

Oct 25, 2003
we've definitely got problems with singing too quickly and singing songs that are quite short

sussex by the sea could be EPIC if sung slower. It's unique to us and is a good tune...unfortunately we seem to want to get it over and done with within 10 seconds...the words are inaudible and when it's finished it's silence again..sing it slower and full and it'll be epic (it'd help if people learned the ****ING WORDS)

i've noticed a small group trying to start this several times but for whatever reason it hasn't caught on

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Whoooooa whoooooa whoooooa whoooooooa whooooooooa
La Lala laaaaaaaa laaaaaalalala
Whoooooooa whoooooooa whoooooooa whooooooooa whoooooooooa whooooooooooooa whoa
Laaaaa laaaaa laaaa Lala la laaaaaaaa la laaaaaaa.

Yes quality south London Tunes.
I only wish we had songs that come anywhere near it.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Utter tosh...they've got 2 songs and they're both a complete durge......but they are loud.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
The song is 'we love you, we love, etc.' originally sung by fans of St Pauli (in English bizarrely). Don't know which UK team's fans picked it up first, although the Irish fans have been singing it for at least 4-5 years. Either way it's not specifically a palace song and these days is about as generic as anything to the tune of Go West or Sloop John B.

The Sydney FC fans have been singing it for at least 4 years and it's cringe worthy, I hate it and when some started singing it last season in the NS I thought it was embarrassing. I think it could have been the Blackpool fans who started singing it in the UK first, I hope on my next trip to The Amex I never hear it again.
Who really cares anyway, if we had gone ahead 1st I doubt you'd have heard them and what happened on the pitch is far more important than what happened off it.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Songs don't particularly affect the outcome of games. It doesn't matter whether they are original, borrowed, loud, fast etc. the unpalatable truth is that Crystal Palace won because they played better on the night, not because of how loud their fans were, how loud ours were, their song selection compared to ours, or that Palace players respond to clackers and ours get distracted by them.

Fans as the 12th man is like the tooth fairy. It doesn't exist. It's a marketing ploy designed to make you feel influential and more likely to stick around. What matters is the quality of players, the focus and performance of the players, and the right tactics and level of resilience. All else is just fluff as far as the outcome of a game once you've paid for your ticket and are at your seat.

Well said.

Hawaii

Banned
Mar 28, 2011
The song is 'we love you, we love, etc.' originally sung by fans of St Pauli (in English bizarrely). Don't know which UK team's fans picked it up first, although the Irish fans have been singing it for at least 4-5 years. Either way it's not specifically a palace song and these days is about as generic as anything to the tune of Go West or Sloop John B.

We were the first English team to pick it up.

You're right though, the influence came from St Pauli in Germany, but until everyone else started copying it (badly) it was unique to us in the Championship.

We also sung another 8 or 9 songs on Monday including Glad All Over, Boys from South London, Scoring goals for Palace Glenn Murray Glenn Murray etc. etc.

I still love the old ones though.

Kempo

Nov 3, 2012
we've definitely got problems with singing too quickly and singing songs that are quite short

sussex by the sea could be EPIC if sung slower. It's unique to us and is a good tune...unfortunately we seem to want to get it over and done with within 10 seconds...the words are inaudible and when it's finished it's silence again..sing it slower and full and it'll be epic (it'd help if people learned the ****ING WORDS)

i've noticed a small group trying to start this several times but for whatever reason it hasn't caught on

Spot on. It sounds brilliant.

The words were on the fan from Monday night. We should all learn them.

You're right though, the influence came from St Pauli in Germany, but until everyone else started copying it (badly) it was unique to us in the Championship.

We also sung another 8 or 9 songs on Monday including Glad All Over, Boys from South London, Scoring goals for Palace Glenn Murray Glenn Murray etc. etc.

No you were not.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
I hate to admit it but apart from being outplayed for much of last night, I also thought we were outsung. I'm not really talking noise levels but the fact Palace have far better songs than us. Ours - yes even the Ulloa one - are really quite bland and generic in comparison.

Skipping through the recording of the match on my telly - and including Friday's game - it really highlights how we could really do with something better than "There's only one Liam Bridcutt", "AAAAALBIOOOOON, AAAAAAALBIOOOON!" and the usual assortment of putdowns to the tune of Sloop John B.

This was pointed out by Wolves fans at Falmer Station. They did sing some funny stuff mind you.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012

I agree, it's like having a sherman tank, you don't just rush to the vinegars you string it out, make it nice and sloooow and you'll reap the rewards more

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
I agree, it's like having a sherman tank, you don't just rush to the vinegars you string it out, make it nice and sloooow and you'll reap the rewards more

Interesting analogy! Most of the 'North Stand' do seem to be in a furious hurry. Perhaps they are worried that mummy might come into their bedroom...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Who here gives a flying **** what you think?

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
Would love to work a song to the Bastille tune "Pompeii" but have failed so far

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
:laugh:

You try and have a sensible discussion and this is what you get.

Fine, have it your way, hope you enjoyed your 0-2 humiliation!!!!!!!! :rave: :clap: :O

To be fair, I am not sure that too many on here want to know what songs the scum from the slum enjoy singing. Nothing personal, so go throw your toys out of the pram on BBS.:bigwave:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

No you weren't , fans at York , Accrington Stanley and Fleetwood Town amongst others were singing it before Palace nicked it as their own.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I hate to admit it but apart from being outplayed for much of last night, I also thought we were outsung. I'm not really talking noise levels but the fact Palace have far better songs than us. Ours - yes even the Ulloa one - are really quite bland and generic in comparison.

Skipping through the recording of the match on my telly - and including Friday's game - it really highlights how we could really do with something better than "There's only one Liam Bridcutt", "AAAAALBIOOOOON, AAAAAAALBIOOOON!" and the usual assortment of putdowns to the tune of Sloop John B.

Bullshit

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

If you like the faux euroshit sung by the always ultras so much why dont you **** off to selhurst?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here