Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which was your favourite stadium?

Favourite Europa League stadium so far.

• Marseille

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • Ajax

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • Athens

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
For those that have been to all three Europa away games so far which was your favourite stadium (not city)?

I think Ajax personally. Marseille was huge, loud, but a bit basic. AEK was nothing special despite being new.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Didn’t do Athens, but the Velodrome wins it easily for me. Thought it was amazing.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Tough call.

Overall, Marseille had the noise (but it was just pure noise), Ajax was the lamest, Athens the tear gaseous. Can’t call it. All different and good and bad in different ways.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I did the last 2 and oddly I think Athens beats Ajax.
Ajax was great but so extreme it just didn't feel safe.

Toilets and teargas aside, Athens was better proportioned, the sound carried much better, not too steep.

Sure it's just a functional bowl, but I've been to enough modern stadiums to know that's easier said than done.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Easy win for Marseille (although not somewhere I’d want to go back to). The atmosphere was nothing like I’ve experienced before and the stadium itself just looked huge and impressive

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Marseille and AEK only. Its hard to answer 'best stadium' as many factors. Stade Velodrome is more iconic, visually stunning and bloody enormous. Only Wembley and Old Trafford are bigger in England I think.

Overall much prefered the full Athens away day experience. Athens miles nicer than Marseille imho.

AEK stadium newer, they're super proud of it and walking to the stadium and just around the immediate outside of OPAP with the bars was really nice and chilled with friendly fans, compared to being herded on busses into underground car park in Marseille.

Atmosphere in stadium and acoustics etc, Marseille easily wins. Better than anything I've ever experienced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here