Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which two teams are going up from the Championship automatically?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Watford (because in the event of injuries they'll rotate loanees in from Udinese or Granada) and Norwich.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Norwich, Forest, Watford, Brighton, Sheff Wed, Wigan - In that order.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Norwich and Forest.

We'll win the playoffs. Obviously.

:thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Perm any two from about 15.

That's why this is the best LEAGUE. Consequently, it will temper my celebration if do end up leaving it in the right direction, and equally why league one looks such a shit prospect.

Good post. Who would have backed Hull two years ago or Burnley last season? It's almost impossible to predict. I don't think it will be us but we're in with just as good a shout as the likes of Wolves or Derby IMHO.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It's a tough one to predict again this year imo but I am going to plump for Derby and Watford.

I'm not convinced by Stuart Pearce however many players he has at Forest. Wolves are on a roll from last year but don't convince me either. Cardiff, not convinced that OGS has the experience. Norwich have a rookie manager as well. I think you need experience of this division to get out of it.

Wigan, maybe Ipswich. maybe but I'll stick with my two original gut feeling choices. I can't see it being Albion but I would love to be wrong. More playoff stress for us I fear.

Bournemouth are my dark horses if they can stay relatively injury free.

I can't have Forest either - Pearce is an idiot.
Norwich and Wigan it is then.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I'm not convinced by Stuart Pearce however many players he has at Forest.

In answer to original question; I don't know.

But I agree with this point. They've started fantastically well, but I can see them being one of those teams that stutter and end up finishing about tenth.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I don't know who will be champions
but we will be second

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Well, if you think we're going to be one of them, place your bets! The bookies generally have us finishing 11th, with Forest and Derby favourites.

Personally I can't see Derby making it - they won't spend big in January, and they have lost Thorne for the season. On the other hand, Norwich and Forest WOULD spend in the January window if things looked dodgy. They would be my bets, notwithstanding the fact that I don't rate Pearce as a manager.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Agree about Forest imploding at some stage. Certainly not convinced by Stuart Pearce as a manager and the Championship is a cruel mistress.

At this stage i'd go for Derby and Norwich/Watford.

goldstoned

Mar 4, 2011
The last 2 teams to finish 6th before us, namely Cardiff and Leicester, have gone on to win the Championship the following season. So we will win the league. 2nd will be Cardiff. I say that because then even if we go up and come straight down again then we will go straight back up again the following season if we follow Cardiff. And they come 2nd this season. And we win the league this season. Obviously assuming Leicester also get relegated this season.... And then also go straight up again.... In 2nd...

So in conclusion Brighton and Cardiff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here