Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which TV series would you advise me to watch if you could only recommend ONE?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Another vote for Gogglebox.

Liked what I've seen of Breaking Bad so far, used to be a huge fan of the X-Files back in the day, before it started to eat itself.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Another vote for Gogglebox.

Liked what I've seen of Breaking Bad so far, used to be a huge fan of the X-Files back in the day, before it started to eat itself.

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
Watched it, loved it. They will make more at some stage.

Would love to think so.

Breaking Bad was sensational the only site that has ever had me truly addicted ie not sleeping through the night because u simply could not sleep without seeing the next episode. Great show.

Honorable mention to the West Wing too...

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea

I'd go with this. They started to run out if ideas by about series 7 but for sheer pace and keeping you up all night because you have to watch the next one this had me the most hooked. And the first episode of series 5 is just brilliant.

Series one of prison break is a good shout too, and breaking bad is good.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Would love to think so.

Breaking Bad was sensational the only site that has ever had me truly addicted ie not sleeping through the night because u simply could not sleep without seeing the next episode. Great show.

Honorable mention to the West Wing too...

They just seemed to leave things very open at the end. Too many unanswered questions.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
Very happy Sat eve.. the return of The Bridge ( thanks to NSCers for the tip off ). Loved both episodes... Ive even missed the subtitle marlarky - getting to be a bit of an expert at multi-tasking whilst watching them these days. Never watched The Tunnel equivalent and don't intend to.. top quality drama starts the year off very well imho

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The Thick of It.

Wonderfully written, excellent direction, superb performances. If you like your politics, I'd say you're in for a treat.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I would strongly advise not watching Gogglebox. Life's too short to watch crap tv, let alone crap tv about crap tv

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
All 6 series of Only fools and horses....

Timeless classic

Horrible Histories on CBBC is good.

Catching up with some old stuff on Netflix. Still find Alan Partridge Funny, also "Drop the Dead Donkey" with a thoughtful summary of the news being lampooned at the beginning for those of us who can't remember back that far. Father Ted and the IT crowd also.

Flex Your Head

The Killing, The Bridge, and for a bit of nostalgia, Twin Peaks.

The first series of The Killing, all 20 episodes, was probably the best made for TV drama I've ever seen. Everything about it was just spot-on.

Plus, Sarah Lund from The Killing is wonderful:

View attachment 50002

As is Saga from The Bridge:

View attachment 50003

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Just one? Then it would have to be State Of Play.

John Simm, David Morrissey, Polly Walker, Bill Nighy and Kelly Macdonald all on top, top form, playing great characters in a gripping story that has some real surprises without being twisty for the sake of it. It's also entertaining to see a young James McAvoy stealing scenes from his elders; and Bill Nighy gets a crowning moment of awesome.

Don't be put off if you've seen the fairly meh Hollywood adaptation with Russell Crowe: the BBC original really is far superior.

And there are only six episodes of it, so you'll finish it in no time and can get back to one of the other excellent suggestions on this thread.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Never watched The Tunnel equivalent and don't intend to.

As a big fan of The Bridge I had low expectations of a remake but it's actually worth giving a try. It sticks fairly closely to the plot and characters of the original, but with enough (sensible) changes and embellishments that there are some surprises. The casting is really good: like the original, the leads are very watchable on their own and have great chemistry when they're together. And the jokes are better (or perhaps it's fairer to say that I got the English/French humour more than the Danish/Swedish).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here