Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which three teams will be relegated this season

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Give me an experienced manager any day of the week.
When you have a run of bad results, and you will, will Potter have the minerals to deal with it ?

He has cut our record signing last year and binned off two strikers who were liabilities and brought in two decent youth players of which there are more waiting in the wings. So yea.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Give me an experienced manager any day of the week.
When you have a run of bad results, and you will, will Potter have the minerals to deal with it ?

If you’re not admitting to being just a bit jealous of what’s going on at the Albion, you’re either in denial or a liar.

Any NSCers out there who’d swop the experienced old Palace woman for GP?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Everton have never been relegated from the top flight since 1954. Their squad is too good to go down. Any real danger and they will bring in a new manager.

Sussex Hopburner

Sep 19, 2019
Watford and Southampton to pick up.

Sheff Utd's form will drop off but maybe they'll scrape it.

Newcastle have problems

Can't see Villa or Burnley being seriously sucked in

I don't discount Palace

I'll discount us only after we've navigated the next 4 games. If we pick up 0 or 1 or even 2, the table will look a whole lot less pretty and it will be quite possible to make the case, we've only beaten seriously out of form sides or relative minnows.

I'll pick Norwich, Newcastle with confidence and say one of Palace, Sheff Utd or Southampton to go down with about 38 points
This

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Watford, Saints and Norwich for me. I just cannot see them escaping the drop this season. All three are poor sides playing poorly.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Norwich concede too many goals, Watford don't score enough, so those 2 stand out. Southampton's home form is a big problem for them which makes me veer towards them going down rather than Newcastle.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
It has gone to the last game of the season though at least once.

Really? They finished one place above relegation in 79/80 (which I think is the only season since 1954 they finished below Brighton) but were 4 points clear on the old 2 pts for a win basis. Their goal difference was 21 better than Bristol City's so even if they won last game they were effectively safe before that. No other season were they that close.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Really? They finished one place above relegation in 79/80 (which I think is the only season since 1954 they finished below Brighton) but were 4 points clear on the old 2 pts for a win basis. Their goal difference was 21 better than Bristol City's so even if they won last game they were effectively safe before that. No other season were they that close.

Everton survived in 1994 thanks to a 3-2 win against Wimbledon on the last day of the season.

They survived on goal difference in 1998.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Everton survived in 1994 thanks to a 3-2 win against Wimbledon on the last day of the season.

They survived on goal difference in 1998.

In '98, I think they stayed up at Bolton's expense on goal difference after quite early in that season they drew 0-0 at Bolton but Bolton had the ball well over the line but the goal wasn't given. They were 2-0 down in that match against Wimbledon too.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just got this feeling about Palace........

They normally collapse at the beginning of the season LLLLLLLL style but I’m hoping they do it at the end with Zaha leaving in January.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Just got this feeling about Palace........

They normally collapse at the beginning of the season LLLLLLLL style but I’m hoping they do it at the end with Zaha leaving in January.

Like your thinking but I really can't see Zaha going anywhere with that ridiculous price tag. They don't have the strongest squad, look at the bench and it doesn't fill the opposition with fear. Let's hope for a few injuries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here