A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Gonzales got two goals in 30 games in the Bundesliga, not a 1 in 3 goal ratio. Played in second division, Bundesliga 2, last season.

Eduard and Nunez both seem interesting, wouldnt be surprised if its none of these three in the end however.

Gonzales has scored 16 in 56 appearances for Stuttgart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Gonzales has scored 16 in 56 appearances for Stuttgart

Yes I know.

Your post says he got 1 in 3,5 in Bundesliga though.

Not true. Two goals in 30 Bundesliga appearances.

14 goals in 26 appearances in Bundesliga 2 (the second division) where Stuttgart spent the 19/20 season.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Edouard effectively replaced Moussa Dembele for Celtic. Dembele has gone on to be a great success at Lyon. Dembele scored 51 in 94 for Celtic in all competitions, so a goal every 1.84 games.

Edouard has scored 66 in 129, so a goal every 1.95 games, but that ratio is getting better season by season, and he is still only 22. Edouard should be winning this poll by a mile.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Edouard effectively replaced Moussa Dembele for Celtic. Dembele has gone on to be a great success at Lyon. Dembele scored 51 in 94 for Celtic in all competitions, so a goal every 1.84 games.

Edouard has scored 66 in 129, so a goal every 1.95 games, but that ratio is getting better season by season, and he is still only 22. Edouard should be winning this poll by a mile.

He is also playing in a league significantly worse than the Spanish & German second divisions.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Edouard is the best player at this point IMO but I think Nunez has something about him from the little I've seen and is gettable whereas I'm not sure Edouard is. The other fella is a LW I think, which would be a good addition but not a priority I would guess.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He is also playing in a league significantly worse than the Spanish & German second divisions.

I think you've missed my point completely. Dembele was clearly a quality player when he joined Lyon, in the same way that Virgil Van Dijk was clearly a quality player when he joined Southampton.

Edouard's output is comparable to that of Dembele, and I think Edouard is alreayd a quality player, Edouard he has a creditable 12 goals in 30 European matches, 6 goals and 2 assists in 6 matches vs Rangers, 5 goals and 2 assists in 7 matches vs Aberdeen, so he actually plays better against the stronger teams in the SPL.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One that has no connection to a banjo or a cow’s arse

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Absolutely, but think it is hugely unlikely we end up with him. Celtic paid £9million for him and he's been fantastic since he signed - ultimately we are looking at a player that Celtic really don't want to sell. It will cost at least double the fee reported for Nunez.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yes I know.

Your post says he got 1 in 3,5 in Bundesliga though.

Not true. Two goals in 30 Bundesliga appearances.

14 goals in 26 appearances in Bundesliga 2 (the second division) where Stuttgart spent the 19/20 season.

Oh I see , sorry I skim read your previous post

That makes him even more shithouse than first thought then

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think you've missed my point completely. Dembele was clearly a quality player when he joined Lyon, in the same way that Virgil Van Dijk was clearly a quality player when he joined Southampton.

Edouard's output is comparable to that of Dembele, and I think Edouard is alreayd a quality player, Edouard he has a creditable 12 goals in 30 European matches, 6 goals and 2 assists in 6 matches vs Rangers, 5 goals and 2 assists in 7 matches vs Aberdeen, so he actually plays better against the stronger teams in the SPL.

I'm not saying he is bad (I personally wouldnt mind if he got signed) but just looking at the goal ratio and then saying "Edouard should be winning this poll by a mile"... its just not that easy.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Danny Welbeck has a £5.5m release clause at Watford (according to BBC Gossip Article). Saints in for him apparently - He is soooo injury prone.. but always looks tempting when you see that kind of figure (wages might be huge I guess). He's 29 now.. I would be tempted if the others mentioned in the poll drift away...

YesMooy

Jul 31, 2020
Edouard is very very highly rated. Probably out of reach for Brighton either of the other two look interesting signings

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Edouard by a country mile for 20-25 mil.... if we can afford it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Danny Welbeck has a £5.5m release clause at Watford (according to BBC Gossip Article). Saints in for him apparently - He is soooo injury prone.. but always looks tempting when you see that kind of figure (wages might be huge I guess). He's 29 now.. I would be tempted if the others mentioned in the poll drift away...

No... no.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here