Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which Priority Group have you got for Man City?

Which Priority Group have you got for Man City?

• 1 (winning)

Votes: 56 30.3%
  • 2 (in with a chance)

Votes: 44 23.8%
  • 3 (not so hopeful)

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • 4 (losing)

Votes: 51 27.6%

• Total voters

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
3 for our group of four so stuck with watching on the TV.

Think the club well and truly screwed up with the ballots by including those that have already had tickets for the two games earlier in the season.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Bloody hell. I'm in 1. I never win competitions, that's why I don't enter them.

Anyway, i'm not going to go. Not jabbed up yet

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
P1. I also had a ticket for the Arsenal game before lockdown 197.

Buzzing for this. I hadn’t got my hopes up. I will be making a right noise. Half days booked.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Window 3.

Not been higher than 3 for the four games that went into a ballot.
4 - 4 - 3 - 3 in previous windows.
I'm in the top tier for away games, but my loyalty counts for Jack Sh@t !

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
2 my best performance of the season so far[emoji1696]

Might help if EPL released the actual date so I could try and rearrange shifts at work.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
3 for our group of four so stuck with watching on the TV.

Think the club well and truly screwed up with the ballots by including those that have already had tickets for the two games earlier in the season.

The club had to lay some ground rules at the outset, against a background of having no idea how the future was going to pan out. If fans had been told that by taking up their Southampton ticket they’d be ineligible for tickets for any subsequent game, what would have happened if the government had subsequently decided that crowds of 50% of capacity would be permitted from say January 2021 onwards?

If, at the outset, we’d had certainty that an Amex limit of 2,000 was going to apply for the remainder of the season, then yes it might have made sense to have had some sort of limit on the number of games that one fan could attend.

I was fortunate enough to get a ticket for the Southampton game, but no way would I have gone to that if it had precluded me from further games. Similarly, I’d be fuming if I’d been excluded from the Man City ballot because of attending the Southampton game, because the club had subsequently changed the ballot rules.

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
group 4...again. haven't been drawn in any other group, so whilst I understand that it is the "luck of the draw" i feel somewhat peed off that for every ballot i have been in group 4 - my suspicion is that because I live in Kent and was in a tier 4 "do not travel" area for the previous games that this has adversely impacted my chances. I have emailed the club to query this and they are adamant that it is a totally random ballot, so I guess that I must just be that unlucky.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Won’t be going until it’s all back to normal though

Same for me in both cases.

Very little appealing about the game.....

As much as love City and the way they play football it's not entertaining watching it against your side.
It's midweek which just makes it a rush and means someone has to drive.
It's £64 for me.
Watched the whole season on telly, one more game won't make a difference.
It's 99% likely to be a dead rubber for both teams.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who want to go who can have my ticket. I'll watch it at home or better still in a pub which will be open indoors by then.

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Tier 4 again; never gone any better than Tier 3. Thought that with a near quadrupling in capacity I might be in with a shout this time.

Sour grapes et al; but pre-Covid times I was comfortably in the top c1,500 match-going fans / top away-priority bracket, so the purely random nature of the draw does grate a bit given my rather poor fortune.

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
same here...without ever being higher than group 4.
FWIW i did email the club and got a response that the groups are drawn at random and that i must just be unlucky - which was very reassuring. not wishing to "pull rank" but it seems that being a STH for 10+ years and being in the top tier of loyalty points does I guess prove the "randomness" of the ballot group draws.
for those that comment / criticise yes there is sour grapes here. I will never wish to take away the chance of someone else attending at all, merely frustrated at always being in group 4 with absolutely no chance of attending this game, having been unable to previously due to living in a tier 4 area (which I firmly believe has "blackballed" me in each draw.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The club had to lay some ground rules at the outset, against a background of having no idea how the future was going to pan out. If fans had been told that by taking up their Southampton ticket they’d be ineligible for tickets for any subsequent game, what would have happened if the government had subsequently decided that crowds of 50% of capacity would be permitted from say January 2021 onwards?

If, at the outset, we’d had certainty that an Amex limit of 2,000 was going to apply for the remainder of the season, then yes it might have made sense to have had some sort of limit on the number of games that one fan could attend.

I was fortunate enough to get a ticket for the Southampton game, but no way would I have gone to that if it had precluded me from further games. Similarly, I’d be fuming if I’d been excluded from the Man City ballot because of attending the Southampton game, because the club had subsequently changed the ballot rules.

My argument, which I did email PB about , was that at the outset they should have worked on the basis that once you had had a ticket then you should automatically drop down to priority 4 and then as everyone worked through the system so you climbed up again. They could have had a system that you opt out of a ballot before it was drawn if, like you suggest, you wanted to take the chance of getting a ticket for a higher priority game.

There may well be some that will have gone to every balloted game!

With regard to not knowing how the lockdown was going to pan out, not sure they could that as an excuse. If the Gov had subsequently allowed 50% of capacity then all that means is fewer priority groups and fans would get to go to more games.

I’m 4 but as I went to the previous two that’s totally fair and not sure I’ll even do website hovering for returns, others deserve to go who have missed out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here