Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which position on the pitch is it easy to hide in.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Just ask RYAN HARLEY HE'll know

I know its a Joke, but he doesnt hide does he, because everyone realises he's not doing anything, so thats not hiding is it?

It's like Dan Harding hiding at left back... he doesnt get away with it, so gets subbed off before half time :smile:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Very well.

In the best sides, where your defence is king, and you're defending on their 18-yard line, I'll plump for... goalie.

WOAH WOAH WOAH.

That is some shout, I would say a Keeper is the last place you can hide someone.

Unless you are in year 4 on the playground playing 18vs 16 one side with monkey rush and the game ends 13-11 after an hours lunch break.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If you need to hide during a game, I think it's time to hang your boots up stop playing

Nonsense. At a Sunday League level, it is very common to need to hide a player, either because they are dreadful, but all you could find that week, or because they are hungover / sick / injured, but needs must, and you've got to stick them in somewhere.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Up front in a 4-5-1 away from home.

Just make it look as though your 'chasing' down the defenders and you get away with anything.
People just make excuses and say you were doing a 'thankless task'

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Nonsense. At a Sunday League level, it is very common to need to hide a player, either because they are dreadful, but all you could find that week, or because they are hungover / sick / injured, but needs must, and you've got to stick them in somewhere.
Point taken. Maybe I took it too seriously when I played many, many years ago. Just because someone is dreadful/drunk/injured/dead they shouldn't have to give up the game they love.
I retract my previous statement

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
WOAH WOAH WOAH.

That is some shout, I would say a Keeper is the last place you can hide someone.

Unless you are in year 4 on the playground playing 18vs 16 one side with monkey rush and the game ends 13-11 after an hours lunch break.

Playing Sunday league last year, we had a keeper crisis for one match. At last notice one of our team proclaimed he had a mate who said he would play in goal for us.

"Brilliant" we all thought. You accept there and then he may not be the best ever, but it's someone doing us a favour so we can't moan.

The chap turned up, was suprised to learn he needed gloves for the position he was to play and then even more suprised when we informed him after the first goal that he was allowed to use his hands.

He then preceeded to still try and stop shots with his feet every time, rolled the ball to there payer because he "was nearest" and then left at half time because he thought that was the end of the game.

:lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Point taken. Maybe I took it too seriously when I played many, many years ago. Just because someone is dreadful/drunk/injured/dead they shouldn't have to give up the game they love.
I retract my previous statement

:thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as noted, a foward in a 451 can make themselves hard to find, but i think a good manager whould spot that and haul them off. the easiest place to hide unnoticed has to be the wing. its easy to find a poor position to not invite a pass, and if one does come just knock it back.

a few runs at the opposition will have the crown and manager thinking you're putting in a shift. i can think quite a few wingers who make themselves a far greater reputation than they deserve this way.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Up front in a 4-5-1 away from home.

Just make it look as though your 'chasing' down the defenders and you get away with anything.
People just make excuses and say you were doing a 'thankless task'

See Craig Mackail-Smith for more details.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here