Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Players would SC take with him?

Sep 18, 2003
When Mickey went to Leicester, we were safe - they had no money.

When PT went to Hull, we were safe - no-one wanted to drop a division.

What about SC at Reading. No excuses, they have cash, and play above us in the league. I'll be well pissed off if he takes Leon or JR.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
David Lee.

Coppell would not come back to take our players.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm sure he won't take anyone. If he has an ounce of integrity, he'll lay off our players when DK allowed him to move to another club when he could have stopped him from talking to Reading.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I reckon he wont. Most of the players he wanted for Brighton are at reading anyway

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Madejski has made a contract with West Ham stating that Pardew can not come in for any contracted Reading players...

If DK is half as clever as people seem to think he is then he will no doubt make a similar contract with Madejski, or atleast i hope he will...

???

Last edited:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
no. we would take the piss out of him, but there's no point, because he's pointless

he's average gray

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think he'd chose Ivar from Wolves over DC. A better player (imho) and cheaper for sure.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I wonder how much money Reading have, that's if Mr Coppell goes. If we belive the press, one of the factors was that Reading were not offfering Mr. Coppell the same wages he is on here.

If he dose go though can the money be used to sign Resh....one of the best playes I personally have ever seen.

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
Bald Gull said:
I'm sure he won't take anyone. If he has an ounce of integrity, he'll lay off our players when DK allowed him to move to another club when he could have stopped him from talking to Reading.
Wasn't there a clause in the contract that said he could talk to clubs in higher divisions? That's what I read on here so it must be true, eh?

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Dropkick Turnip said:
Wasn't there a clause in the contract that said he could talk to clubs in higher divisions? That's what I read on here so it must be true, eh?

No, for once the NSC rumour mill was wrong (actually, I think it came from the Argus originally). DK categorically denied that there was any such clause.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
pethick ,go on ....please !

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
BrightonBird said:
Any Reading fans (Wilts?) tell me where Reading need more players.

Cullip? Knight?

Henderson is their back-up striker, so presumably they are a bit short up front? (in depth, not height - so Leon would be fine there!!)

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Trigger said:
Madejski has made a contract with West Ham stating that Pardew can not come in for any contracted Reading players...

If DK is half as clever as people seem to think he is then he will no doubt make a similar contract with Madejski, or atleast i hope he will...

This wouldn't prevent him from snapping up JR, and letting him rot in Reading's reserves for another 3 years before giving him a chance there...

SiNZ

Oct 2, 2003
If Coppell goes, I see no reason why he will not come and make an offer for players he wants. We were after Steve Hunt during the summer and I believe the Brentford fans were upset about that.

I hope an announcement comes soon. I'm fed up with saying, "he's not gone yet." I don't know how long I can stay in denial. :shootself

Albionite83

Aug 27, 2003
HampshireSeagull said:
This wouldn't prevent him from snapping up JR, and letting him rot in Reading's reserves for another 3 years before giving him a chance there...
I don't think we'll leave him in the reserves for 3 years. Need to get that contract sorted very quickly though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here