Which players DO YOU think we should sign before end of Jan? (realistic ones!)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chidgull

Apr 29, 2006
Adrian Cieslewicz , Wrexham No 7, very impressed with him over 2 games... came from Man City I think ?

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
I'd like to see Morten "Duncan" Rasmussen - he's on Celtic's books, got just 6 months left, and currently on loan in Turkey at Sivasspor, and could be got for a song. Big and strong, perfect foil for CMS. I have no doubt he's good enough for the Championship - maybe to help clinch a play-off place.

Look at his yoo toob profile..... I can't post link as I'm a newbie

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'd like to see Morten "Duncan" Rasmussen - he's on Celtic's books, got just 6 months left, and currently on loan in Turkey at Sivasspor, and could be got for a song. Big and strong, perfect foil for CMS. I have no doubt he's good enough for the Championship - maybe to help clinch a play-off place.

Look at his yoo toob profile..... I can't post link as I'm a newbie

we were linked with him last year - was there an issue that he was a bit of a bad boy to manage? Seemed to have potential but never realised it so not convinced

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
we were linked with him last year - was there an issue that he was a bit of a bad boy to manage? Seemed to have potential but never realised it so not convinced
Players do turn round.

And what's to lose, cheap as chips. Who'd turn down Joey Barton if they got a chance?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just for info - my local rag has a story where Hughton at Birmingham admits he enquired about Simon Cox and was seemingly knocked back by Woy Hodgson who says he is not going to let him leave.

To add a further two pennyworth I am convinced we must be in for a midfielder somewhere that no-one has heard anything about - a driving central midfielder who can hold the defence together and get the ball forward quickly - all down to the last couple of days of the window? Probably. So Gus has to deal with preparing for a cup tie next week and also planning for the most bitterly contested match of the season (the players will surely be up for it after the home capitulation) and in between he has to fit in a lot of phone calls and work his best persuasive magic - oh yes, and deal with the fall-out from yesterday on an ongoing basis? I reckon he will need to work 20+ hours a day over the next ten days and I bet it still won't be enough :(

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I want Habibou. I've wanted him in a Brighton shirt since I saw him throw the duck. On a serious note, he's not on the radar of other clubs, openly available to a loan-to-buy deal (so we don't have to shell out big money), is a unit, another nationality to tick off the list...why not? The way I see it, he's a low risk, high gain option. Even with our existing squad and no additions, we're not going up or down, so a guy with all the attributes to play alongside CMS on a six month loan, who Gus has openly said he's interested in...more intelligent IMO than shelling out bigger money for the likes of Bothroyd (who I agree however is proven at this level and would be good- but is finally getting a semi-regular punt at the Prem and is unlikely to want to drop a division).

I like the thought of Habib, he looks the sort of kenwyne jones type, we need a tall player. We haven't got a lot of choices at the moment and it would be worthwhile chucking him on for a full game and if he is rubbish get shot of him. Gus said that he had not ruled him out but is not top of the list. I think we have gone through the top of the list now.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports