Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which players are out of contract at end of the season

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I should imagine it's more a case of continous negotiations with 3 options within the contract wage wise; a wage for the Premiership, a wage for the Championship and a wage for League 1. I guess it's the price of these three options with the potential length of the contract as to why none of the more favoured players have signed just yet.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
It's not you it was particularly aimed at. You were just asking the question.

Some of the replies suggest that it might not even have occurred to the club that this is the case. Which, with respect, I would suggest is ludicrous.

Not sure anyone was asking if the club had not noticed the contracts were running down - more what is the strategy in letting them run down?! Just seems counter intuitive. It seems to me most other clubs deal with key playing contracts well in advance of said player running into the final year of the contract.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
You have answered your own question there.
Why, if you were a player, would you sign a long contract when you know fully well that you can get more money by negotiating at the end of a contract playing several clubs against each other?

Yes I'm sure that's one reason, but there must be a compromise position, else why would Rooney, Ronaldo, Messi not be moving every three years on a Bosman?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here