Votes: 47 43.5%
  • Conservative

Votes: 61 56.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
When you know you won't secure an outright victory you just promise the world and blame your coalition partners when it all goes to sh1t.

The Tories promises are a bit of an insult to the public. Does anyone actually believe them?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If we are going by recent history the Blair Government shafted us all with lies. Cameron has been a breath of fresh air after his reign and although I haven’t got a problem with Miliband’s sincerity, do we really need a change of manager when the UK is in better shape than the Labour party left us in, both financially and security.

I cannot seperate the Labour party from the illegal war in Iraq and the billions of £'s spent on it. After that fiasco and the state we left Iraq in the Labour shouldn't even exist anymore and it took us into the recession because of it.

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
These individuals are supposed to be elected to represent us and thats where the problem starts. They don't represent us. We get the politicians we deserve .Clueless public schoolboys, talentless career-minded civil servants, slick salesmen waiting for that ticket to the Brussels gravy train and all manner of brainwashed stereotypes, all looking alike and all desperate to tow the party line.
For generations they have lied and deceived to get elected and the good old British public just shrugs its shoulders and lets them get away with it. They never really change anything. They can't. The system is too entrenched. They just tinker around the edges and keep raiding the public purse to pay for the vast waste they rack up through greed, corruption and incompetence. They are incapable of balancing the books and just resort to blaming each other for inherited mess.
Quite frankly, you are foolish if you believe anything they say pre-election. Its a courtship ritual. Preening and fluffing up feathers to impress us and then once we are won over, we are in their hands again.
The interest of the individual has replaced that of the country. There is no interest in legacy. Its just short-term gain at long-term expense.
I'm not interested in who is telling the biggest lies. I just want someone who will put the interests of this country first.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Where's the option for 'All Of Them'? ???

They're all giving it their best and final shot. And there's precious little conviction amongst any of them. Watch two, or possibly three, party leaders retire from party politics within about a day of getting pummelled at the polls.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
These individuals are supposed to be elected to represent us and thats where the problem starts. They don't represent us. We get the politicians we deserve .Clueless public schoolboys, talentless career-minded civil servants, slick salesmen waiting for that ticket to the Brussels gravy train and all manner of brainwashed stereotypes, all looking alike and all desperate to tow the party line.
For generations they have lied and deceived to get elected and the good old British public just shrugs its shoulders and lets them get away with it. They never really change anything. They can't. The system is too entrenched. They just tinker around the edges and keep raiding the public purse to pay for the vast waste they rack up through greed, corruption and incompetence. They are incapable of balancing the books and just resort to blaming each other for inherited mess.
Quite frankly, you are foolish if you believe anything they say pre-election. Its a courtship ritual. Preening and fluffing up feathers to impress us and then once we are won over, we are in their hands again.
The interest of the individual has replaced that of the country. There is no interest in legacy. Its just short-term gain at long-term expense.
I'm not interested in who is telling the biggest lies. I just want someone who will put the interests of this country first.

This with bells on!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Wot no fence?

I feel the Tories have been consistently disingenuous as regards the effect the cuts are having on public services. Naughty! Whereas I feel Labour have just trotted out a couple of whopping porkies. Child Benefit and NHS to be axed but they say that about the NHS at every election yet it's still with us. Naughty!

Six of one and half a dozen of the other.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
I've recently resolved to try and overcome my polictical cynicism.

Whilst I am suspicious of the main parties, I'm also aware that that those in power may well have a vested interest to make us all as cynical as possible in order to disenfranchise us.

Remember most politicians are not in the trough and believe in public service even if they fundamentally see things differently than some of us. This has made me inspect and cost promises and pledges.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Labour. Clueless on the economy.

That will be the Labour Party that handed over an economy with a 1 percent growth rate in 2010 - a rate that the Tory-led coalition has been unable to match, let alone better, in five years. Will it?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I cannot seperate the Labour party from the illegal war in Iraq and the billions of £'s spent on it. After that fiasco and the state we left Iraq in the Labour shouldn't even exist anymore and it took us into the recession because of it.

Now that's a new one even by the normal standards of NSC right-wing nuttery.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

So instead you are going to vote for the Tories who also would have taken us into Iraq and would also have felt the effects of the banking crisis, possibly even worse as they were pushing for further deregulation of banks, beyond the deregulation of banks in the eighties they were responsible for which sowed the seeds of the financial crisis.

Also the economy was growing at 1.4% when the Tories came in, they pushed us into recession and have doubled the national debt.
I'll give you labour did overspend, though if the tax take had grown in line with the economy they would not have done, so yes vote for the party supported by our greatest tax evaders who were responsible for this discrepancy.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So instead you are going to vote for the Tories who also would have taken us into Iraq and would also have felt the effects of the banking crisis, possibly even worse as they were pushing for further deregulation of banks, beyond the deregulation of banks in the eighties they were responsible for which sowed the seeds of the financial crisis.

Also the economy was growing at 1.4% when the Tories came in, they pushed us into recession and have doubled the national debt.
I'll give you labour did overspend, though if the tax take had grown in line with the economy they would not have done, so yes vote for the party supported by our greatest tax evaders who were responsible for this discrepancy.

How can you blame the Tories for the 2008 recession ???

So you really think that they would have taken us to that illegal war without UN backing even though Blair has proved that he was and is a religious nutter who was easily persuaded by another religious nutter. They don't get any crazier than those two, and we are still witnessing the hangover on a daily basis.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Apropos of nothing, your avatar does a deep disservice to Bruno. I know for a fact that he's proudly Catalan and wouldn't be seen dead in a Spanish military uniform which isn't at all surprising when you consider what the Spanish military did to his people.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
That will be the Labour Party that handed over an economy with a 1 percent growth rate in 2010 - a rate that the Tory-led coalition has been unable to match, let alone better, in five years. Will it?

No it was the party that left office in 2010 with Labour's former chief secretary to the Treasury, Liam Byrne leaving a note stating "Dear chief secretary, I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left,".........

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
How can you blame the Tories for the 2008 recession ???

So you really think that they would have taken us to that illegal war without UN backing even though Blair has proved that he was and is a religious nutter who was easily persuaded by another religious nutter. They don't get any crazier than those two, and we are still witnessing the hangover on a daily basis.

In order: they deregulated the banks which meant they were able to get into such deep trouble. The crisis itself would have happened whoever was in power. If the Tories had been in further deregulation would have occurred and the banks could have dug themselves and us a deeper hole.

Yes, absolutely. They supported it more wholeheartedly than most labour MPs.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Apropos of nothing, your avatar does a deep disservice to Bruno. I know for a fact that he's proudly Catalan and wouldn't be seen dead in a Spanish military uniform which isn't at all surprising when you consider what the Spanish military did to his people.

Fair point. I knocked it up some time ago and it was hard enough finding a Spanish air force uniform to copy, let alone anything Catalan. I'll Photoshop some Catalan colours in some lazy afternoon

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
No it was the party that left office in 2010 with Labour's former chief secretary to the Treasury, Liam Byrne leaving a note stating "Dear chief secretary, I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left, the country hasn't been out of debt for over a century and we just Spunked £67 billion bailing out your banker friends ........

Fixed that for you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here