• Gardener

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • tex

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Halford, e Bennett & bent to stay

(Oh & I hate halford based on his Portsmouth career & forest at Amex where Buckley taught him a footballing lesson)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Get rid of that Villa bloke who is pjcked every game bit does not appear to realise that in return he has to do some work. Big Time Charlie.
He's got 1 more game, unless we extend the loan, so is history on Monday evening.

Another pleasing thought is that Kemy only has 6 months left with us now.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The people who would like us to keep Elliot Bennett must be watching different games from me, very ineffective and must be on a decent chunk of wages, I'd rather Solly played.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Add Bent then all good, at least he scores goals and goal difference could be the key.

He hid behind a defender at corners against Millwall, & I'm not convinced he was injured enough to go off yesterday. He did well for the other games he played for us, but I want a player who is going to put in the effort at every game, especially when he's probably costing us an arm & a leg.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Keep all except Gardner. As I genuinely believe each is better than what we have in our squad

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I've been surprised by Halford as he'd always looked a bit of a donkey against us (admittedly usually playing full back) but he's done pretty well the last few games.

Last couple of games he has received very positive comments from WA and AV on player.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It seemed to me as though Bent wasn't too interested after we went 2 down and was quite happy to trot off with a slight niggle. Wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't feature again

Agreed- and he went straight into the changing rooms.

He didn't get any real service and then was injured. He walked off and of course he isn't going to sit on the bench when he needs treatment. Love the description of a slight niggle to justify your comments. He strained his groin muscle, not something you are going to run off. We were two nil down and you think we should effectively play with 10 men when we have a striker on the bench!

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Reports from a Villa supporting friend suggest that Joe Bennett will stay with us next year which I would be happy about
Would like to keep Halford - up until yesterday wanted Bent to stay.
Elliott Bennett looked weak yesterday unfortunately.
Whoever takes over from Burke needs to readdress the scouting - we do not need quick nippy little players - we want bigger men who won't get knocked off the ball !

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He didn't get any real service and then was injured. He walked off and of course he isn't going to sit on the bench when he needs treatment. Love the description of a slight niggle to justify your comments. He strained his groin muscle, not something you are going to run off. We were two nil down and you think we should effectively play with 10 men when we have a striker on the bench!

yep...strained trying to reach JFC's through ball....tried to play on...then after jumping for the ball landed on it and realised he couldn't play on...i think he will be disappointed in missing mondays game at Fulham...still think we need 2 up front if we are/were to get the best out of him

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
As said elsewhere, the poll is pointless as it only allows you to keep one of them (clearly not the point). We will keep Joe Bennett and Texeira as they're on season long loans. Bennett is by far our best left back so happy with that and Texeira on his day can change games. He's not had many games like that recently but with a decent manager in charge, that might change.

I would send back Gardner and Elliott Bennett. Gardner is harshly criticised by some as he and JFC should never have been played as the only two central midfielders. However, we have better options so wouldn't keep him. Bennett has not hit his best form for us and we need to look at permanent options in January.

I would be delighted if Bent stayed but think it's unlikely. I voted for Halford as think he's most realistic one to stay long term. I would be pleased to offer him an 18 month deal assuming Forest didn't want a fee. Signing him permanently would sort the back five out for the season with plenty of back up options leaving the new manager to sort out midfield and attack!

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Agreed- and he went straight into the changing rooms.

What would be the point of sitting in the stands letting your slight niggle become inflamed, when you can get into the treatment room straight away? Going in for treatment made perfect sense to me.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Joe Bennett as he is the best LB at the club atm, Bent also as he can be quality and Maybe Tex as an attacking option.

EB hasn't been anywhere near as his former time with us and Gardner is absolute gash - worst player I have seen in a long time, actually starting to wish Ryan Harley was back instead of him.

Halford, could be useful too.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Halford and joe Bennett. Send the rest back

This.

V impressed with Halford - bit of a ruthless streak and hard, and not bad with the ball at his feet. Dare I say better than GG?!

Bennett seems to be improving and I thought yesterday had a touch of the Wayne Bridge about it... (I know that might be slightly ott)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here