Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which of our players will now be on CFC’s shopping list…

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Sanchez would be top of the list. They need a keeper that can play football.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I actually think only Caicedo is the only senior player who Chelsea would be interested in. None of the others are likely to fit the galactico mould.

The danger is if the next generation are pilfered. Moran, Ferguson, etc

That would be a bitter pill to swallow

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Trossard, who was rumoured to be going in the summer (not to Chelsea necessarily), MacAllister and Caicedo, i.e. the heart would be ripped out of our team if they did.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Good time to offer new contacts to a number of players in the squad. We have made a fair bit over the last few transfer windows, worth offering some of that to the players for longer term contacts and higher buy out clauses.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Evan Ferguson, but Chelsea will be well aware of all our youth players.
Mitoma maybe.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
None.

With the odd exception, managers signing a lot of players from their previous club is unusual, though sure seems to happen a lot in peoples nightmares and fantasies.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Good time to offer new contacts to a number of players in the squad. We have made a fair bit over the last few transfer windows, worth offering some of that to the players for longer term contacts and higher buy out clauses.

True, although if Chelsea really want a player l don't think a small thing like a lengthy contract will stop them, they have the buying power to overcome that.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
True, although if Chelsea really want a player l don't think a small thing like a lengthy contract will stop them, they have the buying power to overcome that.

Yes, I don't think that would make a difference to Chelsea, but could make a difference for us. Does mean we could be receiving a higher figure from them, which helps in buying replacements.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I would say Caicedo for sure. I'd go as far as to say it's for all intents and purposes a done deal for next summer. On the 'at risk' list are:

Sanchez
Webster (weren't there rumours in the summer?)
MacAllister
Trossard.

Dunk is probably 2 seasons past a possible big move now and will finish his career with us. And for all the promising youth players we have (Ferguson, Offiah etc) I'm sure Chelsea have an equal in thier yoof.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I would like to think that Tony would be done in terms of dealing with that club for a long while. There will be offers from other clubs, no need to deal with Chelsea.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There will be a Chelsea tax added to any sale.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Liverpool a more likely suitor for Caicedo I reckon. They're badly lacking that energy and dynamism in midfield. Just because Potter has gone to a big club, doesn't mean players will choose him over other offers.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It would be easier for Potter to get his ideas across with having a few of our key players like our spine - Sanchez, Dunk, Gross and Trossard. I don’t think he’ll get any of them because I suspect that TB would already have threatened him to keep his hands off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here