Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which NSC threads are you most likely to contribute towards?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't forget the bicycle.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Any thread on water parks or cheese.

I avoid the attention seeking, "Off to New York with The Wife, got a budget of X amount, advice" Why the same people feel the need to constantly re-affirm they are married and can afford a holiday baffles me.

I don't like chilli threads or Das Reich's racist bile or Bushy's ignorant cobblers. I find most football related threads dull and repetative except for fresh news I don't that get involved, I am of the opinion that true fans like to follow the game without getting embroiled in the bobbins some post on here.

I like cosy threads about dogs. I don't like Acker's assumed control of Film thread. I like Lord Bracknell's thread contributions when he is not being pompous. I like Gripper Stebsons rare but funny comments.

I think conspiracy theory threads often border on the downright disrespectful and feel more should be done to silence the thoughts of Hybrid X, The Truth and One Love.
I find threads about jogging odd but like the ones about unusual sports.I like TV series ones too.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The infinite jukebox
Anything else music.
Politics/social issues
Religion - as has been said elsewhere against my better judgement, but some people do have enormous prejudices and speak "authoritatively" from a position of total ignorance
Other cultural stuff
And occasionally football

PS - and anything where I actually know something that might help someone else, or I can contribute something whimsical which (I hope) might make people smile.

Last edited:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
crisps.
music.
videogames.
maybe American Football if I can keep up with it.
oh and match-day ****official threads****.

Aug 23, 2011
Hardest animal thread got me posting again.
Also if a decent debate is going on and I have a view point ill get involved especially if the posters can refrain from resorting to abuse immediately
I generally give threads with an interesting title a quick read to see if they might be going somewhere but generally it depends on how busy work or home is to whether I devote a lot of time

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
So far, no one has mentioned 'marlin fishing in the Grand Union Canal' as a thread topic they'd definitely contribute to. I won't bother starting it, then...

:down:

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
funny anecdotal threads. david brent was right etc

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
Threads started by The Clique.
Surf conditions on the North Shore/Maui youth soccer.
The Science of Lurking on NSC.
Pros and Cons of a Pineapple Wedge served with Mai Tais.

Which probably explains my prodigious post count
:facepalm:

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Beer and football threads.....that's it.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I like threads where i get to intellectually humiliate feeble minded leftwingers. Oh and ones where I can kick Hitony's cyber butt.:)

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Any thread on water parks or cheese.

I avoid the attention seeking, "Off to New York with The Wife, got a budget of X amount, advice" Why the same people feel the need to constantly re-affirm they are married and can afford a holiday baffles me.

Yes, with you on this on Nibble. What they are really saying is look at me! Like no one else has had a holiday before.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I would contribute more to conspiracy theory threads but its like the Matrix, most of you are not ready to be unplugged yet.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I like threads where i get to intellectually humiliate feeble minded leftwingers. Oh and ones where I can kick Hitony's cyber butt.:)

But you just split an infinitive. How can you humiliate anyone intellectually?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here