Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which is the most PATHETIC football body?

Which is the most PATHETIC football body?

• Total voters

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
you did not give us the option of
"all of them"
the two international ones are corrupt
and ours are just plain stupid

Please stop posting common sense answers.

This board is all about drivel and nonsense, as i suspect you know since you've on here for nearly ten years.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Please stop posting common sense answers.

This board is all about drivel and nonsense, as i suspect you know since you've on here for nearly ten years.

sorry
I forgot myself

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think the day the Football League kow-towed to the Premier League over the Elite Player Performance Plan thing in 2011 was not their finest hour. Even if they were being threatened with funding being cut (which they probably were by the PL) that was a time to stand and fight a bit harder, the PR war could have been won. They just folded in that vote, and Brighton were on the wrong side of it.

But overall, it has to be FIFA. At least the bumbling FA are not corrupt to their core.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
The Premier League as it doesn't even pretend or want to care about anyone or anything else. It's just about pure selfish greed and has:

1) ruined competitive football in England by making sure only a handful of clubs can win the country's top professional league, leaving the remaining Premier League clubs with the sole objective to obtain as many points as they can to stay in the Premier League and make money for themselves rather than get relegated and possibly going into administration when the parachute payments run out. Most of these teams can't even be bothered to try and win the FA or League Cups.
2) wasted Sky TV money by giving too much of it to average players and their agents, with the result that all players remuneration expectations have been raised down the leagues in England. In Germany TV money has been used to keep fans ticket prices reasonable. Don't blame Sky, blame the Premier League and how it chooses to spend the money it has.
3) made the Championship uncompetitive by Premier League teams that are relegated taking parachute payments with them that they then use to buy players for extortionate transfer fees and continue to pay average players obscene amounts of money.
4) shown unwillingness to have a limited squad quota system in place to enable more young English players to have first team opportunities in The Premier League. This has been no attempt to help with the development of the English national team. We have an English Premier League where "English" seems to have little meaning. Can anyone explain why there can't be a rule that to say you can have as many non English players as you like at a club but "league rules" will only allow no more than say 6 on the pitch at the same time. To prevent players from playing too many games, why not have different squads for English League and European League games.
5) had a negative impact on Football Associations in other counties by marketing to their fans and ruining other country's leagues. Too many people in other countries support Premier League teams rather than their own local teams.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just a thought would the situation improve if the FA took over running the leagues and refused to sanction the Premier League which would mean no English teams or players playing in European competitions even if they contnued with a break away league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here