Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Which is the chaviest area of Sussex...

Which area is the chaviest area in sunny Sussex by the Sea ?

• Crawley

Votes: 122 47.3%
  • Newhaven

Votes: 32 12.4%
  • Worthing

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Littlehampton

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Bognor Regis

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Horsham

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Hastings

Votes: 32 12.4%
  • Eastbourne

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Whitehawk

Votes: 36 14.0%
  • Seaford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bexhill

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Burgess Hill

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • Haywards Heath

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Hangleton

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Peacehaven

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Lancing

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • Hove

Votes: 6 2.3%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Really should be an alphabetical poll order, but I can see why you put Crawley first.

I should say though as Worthing born and bred I recoil on the odd occasion I go in to Worthing town centre now. It's definitely pretty awful these days.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Will somebody please think of the chavs of Mile Oak :wink:

And where's Fishersgate ?

Last edited:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Hove is filled with undesirables, loading up baskets of food in CO-OP and walking out.

Its focal point, George Street, is a cultural waste land.

The streets are a sea of Dry-Robe clad coffee shop Zombies pouting into their smartphones for their latest upload to the ‘gram.

Hove.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I take it you know what Chav stands for :wink:
Well ?

Which area will win the accolade of chaviest area in Sussex ?
Which area has security tags on the meat in Lidl ? Which area has more Sharon's with two pushchairs, which area has the most teenagers in grey joggers and hoodies vaping and drinking Stella at the bus stops.

I kinda fecked up a little on the Poll :unsure:
hitting return to early.

I meant to add, several others towns, but thinking about it, these three will do and would be in the top three anyway.
:ROFLMAO:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Crawley is far less of a shithole than most of you seem to think. Not much in the way of nice architecture, and a bit more culturally diverse than the rest of Sussex, but otherwise, not vastly different.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
not Hove for sure, but they are introducing at Sainsburys where you have to scan a receipt to get out after youve passed through the tills - obviously suffering a lot of theft. I voted Crawley by the way

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Roffey

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Hopefully this is research to find which communities need proper public investment. Newhaven was a lovely earthy port town for donkey's years. The ring road delivered a painfully slow demise to the town centre, not helped by out of area landlords who refused to offer shop rents that would make businesses viable. Its had housing piled upon it by developers who should have been made to make investment in accompanying facilities and every idea to regenerate it seems to come from some fly by night lunatic with crazy ideas about things like giant waterparks. The MP for Lewes opened a constiuency office in the town and put it, not in the town centre where it would be easily accessible, but next to the marina on a privately owned road that charges people for on street parking.

There is now some investment going in to redevelop the town centre. Presumably because the aforementioned MP is holding a very small majority. Hopefully it will be carefully planned to meet the needs of an aging population as well as all of the 'chavs.' (a disgusting term that sneers at people for their lack of wealth, education and opportunity).

I know that this was posted in jest, but classism seems to be one of the few discriminations that still seems to be socially acceptable. Successive governments have done very little to change anything for the poorest people. (I'll give Brown & Blair Surestart and EMA, both since starved/dismantled). I likened Brexit to a group of people on a cruise ship who were being called at for help by some others who were in the sea. We all continued to enjoy the liner's facilities whilst promising that we'd eventually get around to fishing them out. They came to understand that they were never getting the help and the lies of Brexit campaigners gave them the opportunity to make a hole in the side of the ship and ensure that everybody else ended up in the drink too.

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Petworth - massive block of brutalist buildings in the middle of nowhere. Don't be fooled by the pond - its full of duck shit.

1676655382929.png

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Really should be an alphabetical poll order, but I can see why you put Crawley first.
Saves people having to read the list.

There are two good reasons for not voting for Crawley:
1) You don't know what chaviest means
2) You've not been there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here