Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which is the best Wetherspoons in Brighton and Hove?

Which is the best spoons???

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The only time I ever go in a spoons, is to occasionally take the family out for BREAKFAST.

The marina one on a sunny Sunday morning in the summer is really rather nice. So that one.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If you are one of the 16 people who have voted 'They are all pony', can you please clarify whether you have actually BEEN to the marina one, or whether you just mean 'I don't like Spoons', because I'm a bit superior'?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My wife just has to say "Dad's paying" and all the little Brovions, other halfs and assorted nieces and nephews suddenly appear!

Ahh, the Walking Mealticket syndrome.

I have no objection to a Spoons, they serve a porpoise. If I've been dragged down George St by the missus we quite often get a sneaky one in down the Cliftonville on the way back. They do bottles of Efes in there which I've always liked, a whole PINTS worth for about £2.40.

Other than the smell of cabbage and a general aura of death all round, whats not to like ?

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
Marina I think.

I sometimes nip in if I'm out fishing. Its pretty good for breakfasts as it goes.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have no objection to a Spoons, they serve a porpoise. If I've been dragged down George St by the missus we quite often get a sneaky one in down the Cliftonville on the way back. They do bottles of Efes in there which I've always liked, a whole PINTS worth for about £2.40.

Other than the smell of cabbage and a general aura of death all round, whats not to like ?

Whilst I've defended the marina place, above, that one in George Street really is utterly, utterly beyond redemption. #shudder

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whilst I've defended the marina place, above, that one in George Street really is utterly, utterly beyond redemption. #shudder

Its certainly not somewhere I'd go out of my way to visit for sure, and I've never eaten there. But for a quickie on the way back to the carpark, it does a job. Handy for the Ladbrokes as well.

The one in the Marina is far more pleasant obviously. But I wouldn't turn my nose up at a quick pint somewhere just because its a Spoons, which seems to be the pervading attitude here.

The sticky carpet is all part of the charm.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Let's face it, in the 'old' days, a pub was an institution, and part of the community. It was run by a portly, rosy cheeked couple, and frequented by all strata of locals

yeah, back in the day when you could leave your doors unlocked, policmen cuft oiks round the head for scrumping and the world was black and white. in reality, i dont think the town/city centre pubs where ever "part of the community", they were drinking dens for men only. you confuse with the pub on the corner of a terrace or in a village.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Usually start my nights out off in the Brighthelm, cheap sourz shots, vodka red bull and maybe a pint of Greene King then head on over the road to Molly Malone's - Gets me sufficiently wankered enough on a budget before I strut my stuff in the clubs

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not really my thing to be honest.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
You can generally tell how good an 'away' town is by the need to go to a Spoons for a vaguely decent pint. Blackpool f'instance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
yes a refreshing business model succeeding where the outdated living on former glories fail and lose money. good analogy.

Of maybe succeeding because a lot of people have no imagination?

If you really want grim, you should try a Wetherspoons Tour of Newport S Wales.
Absolutely terrifying! About for of them within about 200 yards including "a posh One," a boring one and one with so many feral kids left abandoned outside by their "parents" I did not even dare enter!

Coffee 59p and everything seemingly a quid cheaper than any in Brighton. And always some genuine old chap to chat to once you had braved it. I now know all there is to know about County's prospects for this season!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Of maybe succeeding because a lot of people have no imagination?

Not really , you cannot argue they are clearly onto a winner dealing with what people want as opposed to a Micro Pub in someones living room where 5 people can drink which is what you want.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
The only time I ever go in a spoons, is to occasionally take the family out for BREAKFAST.

The marina one on a sunny Sunday morning in the summer is really rather nice. So that one.

spoons breakfasts are glorious!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here