Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which is the best decade for pop culture and football ?

So we have moved from the best music and football decade to the one you all grew up in? :lolol:

Whatever, it IS still the Sixties. You had to be there I guess, much much better than any decade since for music certainly and when England actually win something at football again we can have a rethink :wink:

Nope. It IS the 1880s. I wasn't around for either the 1880s or the 1960s, so I can be completely impartial and I am unanimous in the 1880s being best.

I actually grew up watching in the 1980s and regardless of which is the best decade (I.e. The 1880s) I think we can all agree that the 1980s is NOT the best decade.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
For me it has to be the 1980s..........I was at an age then when football was life or death and losing affected me more.

And the music seen the Rise of Kate Bush and all the new electronic music...........Fab

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Impossible to say which decade is best for music, IMO there's no point even trying to it's like comparing apples with oranges. Best decade for football? - I wasn't around for the 60s and I don't remember much of the 70s but I'd say early to mid-70s was the era I'd have loved to have watched.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
For me it has to be the 1980s..........I was at an age then when football was life or death and losing affected me more.

And the music seen the Rise of Kate Bush and all the new electronic music...........Fab

I think that you will find that the rise of Kate Bush was the late 1970s - therefore the 70s has to be the best decade - Kate Bush and 3 promotions for the Albion.........

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think that you will find that the rise of Kate Bush was the late 1970s - therefore the 70s has to be the best decade - Kate Bush and 3 promotions for the Albion.........

Yes she came to the fore in the 1970s but her best stuff was done in the 1980s like the Hounds of love and The Dreaming albums came in the 80s. That's why I said her ''rise'' as opposed to her ''emergence''

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For me the 60s was by far the best decade for music and the only downside in football was having George Curtis as manager in the early 60s. We fared better after he left in 1963 to be replaced by Archie Macauley and England won the world cup so it must be the 60s for me.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Good, instinctive save there..........afraid that I really like her early stuff, so she rose in the late 70s for me.

You just netted the rebound but when she started producing her albums herself the stuff became more expansive. - I will concede on Wuthering Heights and Them Heavy People though in the 70s

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
80's for me, as it was the decade I grew up in and first watched Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here