Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Which is Christopher Nolan's greatest film ?

Which is Christopher Nolan's greatest film ?

• Dunkilrk

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Interstellar

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • The Dark Knight Rises

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Inception

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • The Dark Knight

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • The Prestige

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Batman Begins

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Insomnia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Memento

• Following

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Rewatched most of those during lockdown and recently saw 'Tenet'. Voted for 'The Prestige' when the poll was first up and would do so again without hesitation.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Ah, Indiana Jones. The best trilogy of all time, by a long way. Love the first three.

Yes raiders of the lost ark never gets old.
It's simply a perfect film and as you say, as a trilogy absolutely fantastic.

Edit-also,even though I hated it when it was released,the fourth one has grown on me too and I have watched it a few times now.
But I still can't bring myself to add it to the other 3.
I still see it as a trilogy and a decent spin off.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ah, Indiana Jones. The best trilogy of all time, by a long way. Love the first three.

Nah - That's Toy Story, which is then backed up by the fact it didn't lose as much credibility when they too inexplicably went back to the well.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nah - That's Toy Story, which is then backed up by the fact it didn't lose as much credibility when they too inexplicably went back to the well.

Toy story is entertaining enough but for me it'll always be Indy. The action scenes, the stunt-work, the scale, the humor, cinematography and the characters. Flawless.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes raiders of the lost ark never gets old.
It's simply a perfect film and as you say, as a trilogy absolutely fantastic.

Edit-also,even though I hated it when it was released,the fourth one has grown on me too and I have watched it a few times now.
But I still can't bring myself to add it to the other 3.
I still see it as a trilogy and a decent spin off.

I've really tried with the fourth one but cannot like it. It isn't even shot like an Indy film. It's a strange mess. Gawd only knows what a shambles the fifth one will be :-(

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I've really tried with the fourth one but cannot like it. It isn't even shot like an Indy film. It's a strange mess. Gawd only knows what a shambles the fifth one will be :-(

Yes I agree.
The fourth one is not even in the same league as the original trilogy.
It has its moments but it hits well off the mark with the crystal skull storyline and seems to be trying much to hard to compete with the originals which it could never do.
A fifth film is pushing it too far I think.
I would rather they re-showed the originals at the pictures than see a new one.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Batman Begins.

I stumbled across this years after it was made, after dismissing the ‘franchise’ because of the Michael Keaton versions.

Dark and brooding, great acting, I love Batman Begins.

Yes,I've always been a fan of the graphic novels and batman begins was the first film to finally get close to getting batman right.
Nolan wanted to make batman and Gotham more like the comics but the studio were nervous about putting off the average cinema goer,who in those days were used to super heroes being squeaky clean 1950s style characters.
It's testament to Nolan that he was able to get a good balance of the darker side of the graphic novels but still make it watchable for the average cinema goer.
It's still not dark enough for me though, but from what I've seen of the trailer for the new batman,it seems like they may be on to a winner.
But for now batman begins is the best by miles.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
The two I've watched the most are Prestige and Inception.

Dunkirk has had a couple of viewings as well but was best seen on the largest screen possible with the best sound system possible so I tend not to watch it that often as I can't turn it up once the little ones have gone to bed.

I really enjoyed Interstellar and watched it 3 or 4 times in quick succession when it came out but I haven't gone back to it since, I might chuck it on tonight though.

Prestige gets my vote though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes,I've always been a fan of the graphic novels and batman begins was the first film to finally get close to getting batman right.
Nolan wanted to make batman and Gotham more like the comics but the studio were nervous about putting off the average cinema goer,who in those days were used to super heroes being squeaky clean 1950s style characters.
It's testament to Nolan that he was able to get a good balance of the darker side of the graphic novels but still make it watchable for the average cinema goer.
It's still not dark enough for me though, but from what I've seen of the trailer for the new batman,it seems like they may be on to a winner.
But for now batman begins is the best by miles.

I love movies from most genre, perhaps most fussy on comedies .... few of those have hit the spot.

By no means an expert on sci fi or graphic novel movies, I’ve probably never read Marvel.

I love the ‘Christian Bale’ Batman movies. The all pervading darkness, crime and corruption, it really does feel like Chicago in a world where events have taken a turn for the worse, for me it’s believable. I think the link to (Bale) the child seeing his parents murdered outside the theatre, shaping him, is fantastic. I rate Christian Bale too.

10x better than the smirky black comedy and silly slapstick fights of the ‘Keaton’ movies imho.
[I liked the original TV series btw .... they did it better].

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Batman Begins.

I stumbled across this years after it was made, after dismissing the ‘franchise’ because of the Michael Keaton versions.

Dark and brooding, great acting, I love Batman Begins.

Absolutely.

The finest of all comic book movies in my opinion. That and Dark Knight. Incredible cast, production and soundtrack also.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I love movies from most genre, perhaps most fussy on comedies .... few of those have hit the spot.

By no means an expert on sci fi or graphic novel movies, I’ve probably never read Marvel.

I love the ‘Christian Bale’ Batman movies. The all pervading darkness, crime and corruption, it really does feel like Chicago in a world where events have taken a turn for the worse, for me it’s believable. I think the link to (Bale) the child seeing his parents murdered outside the theatre, shaping him, is fantastic. I rate Christian Bale too.

10x better than the smirky black comedy and silly slapstick fights of the ‘Keaton’ movies imho.
[I liked the original TV series btw .... they did it better].

Yes I think you hit the nail on the head there.
Nolan managed to make it all feel believable.
The criminals,batman,Gordon,Alfred,even Batman's kit could all quite easily exist in our reality.
The fighting was also excellent ,I seem to remember they designed a special fighting system for the film that would enable batman to fight in his suit,which again added to the realism.

Best batmobile ever too

May 5, 2020
Sussex
The two I've watched the most are Prestige and Inception.

Dunkirk has had a couple of viewings as well but was best seen on the largest screen possible with the best sound system possible so I tend not to watch it that often as I can't turn it up once the little ones have gone to bed.

I really enjoyed Interstellar and watched it 3 or 4 times in quick succession when it came out but I haven't gone back to it since, I might chuck it on tonight though.

Prestige gets my vote though.

Dunkirk gets mixed reviews but I quite enjoyed it.
I saw an interview with Nolan when the film was released and he said he was trying to capture the feeling of watching a play at a theatre,which I think he did quite well.
It's a shame this wasn't mentioned more by the producers when it was released as I think when the film is watched with that in mind,it actually enhances the film.
A lot of people were expecting a sweeping war epic with loads of CGI plane battles and thousands of ships heading across the channel and 100,000 soldiers being blown to bits on the beaches,but Nolan said we was never trying to do that.
He wanted something more personal that followed a few characters and was in the style of a small play but put on the big screen.
It was much better at the pictures though than on the small screen.
I actually thought the bit when the spitfires flew over the boat was worth the entry fee by itself,but when I watched it back on DVD it wasn't quite the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here