Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which goal have you most gone batshit crazy when celebrating?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Hereford (those scenes in previous posts don't do it justice - I was far crazier than that!), Case at Highbury, and oddly a goal by Gerry Ryan in an evening game in front of the north stand against (maybe) Blackburn on a muddy pitch. Don't know why, it was just one of those moments that meant something at the time - I think we'd been up against it most of the match. Leo's winner at Leeds a few years back was also extremely enervating, although I did end up with rather bruised shins because of the seats....

But I must say I also went pretty mental when Dunk scored against Wednesday. At that moment I thought 'we're going to do this'. Is it that we didn't in the end that takes away that feeling later?

Stumpy Tim

Ulloa at Forest, and I only watched it on TV! Can only imagine what it was like at the game.
Buckley winner against Doncaster was up there, and any goal in the old Peterborough terrace which was always conducive to quality celebrations.
One to add, was actually a penalty miss. Our first season back in the Championship we were leading away to Pompey when they received a penalty in injury time. I went properly mental when they missed it. Penalty misses can be just as much fun as goals

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Watford away a few years ago....I have no idea why, but I remember when we scored the whole place went wild and I ended up on top of mates all around in a huge heap between the seats.

Rusco has blagged a seat in the Watford corporate area in the stand next to us and we kept waving at him trying to get him to wave back and get chucked out.. hahaha

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Storer v Donny
Wilkins v Ipswich
Case v Wednesday
Nelson in the cup away at Brentford
Lopez's exquistel free kick against the scum at the Amex
Stuart Munday away at Leicester in the League Cup (1994 ?)
These were amongst my favourites of games I was at.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Zamora at Orient (2-0 win) in front of the terrace

Zamora at torquay late one nil win

Hemed at Fulham late penalty

Byrne at Liverpool

Buckley at home v Doncaster

Ulloa v Palace

Lopez v Palace

Mcshane v Palace

Dunk v Sheff wed

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Was that the one that trickled across the line squirming under the keeper? Or am I thinking of another?! I was in family stand block A right level with that one :)

Can't remember if it trickled over the line or not, but it was a diving header, probably of the non-bullet variety. I was in the tiny wee stand in the corner that day (tickets were like GOLD Dust). Will check out the trickling/non-trickling particulars of the goal on DVD and report back.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Nogan v Leicester.

I've talked before about how there was something about that that game which I can't put my finger on.

It may be simply that I was 14 and at the right age to be utterly swept away (Definitely Maybe had been released a couple of months prior - this did the same). It may be the Albion performance; what seemed to be an utterly relentless dominance of a decent Premier League team.

Anyway, I turned up late and was on my tod in the North which was rammed to capacity. When Nogan knocked it in the place erupted like I'd never felt before.

I remember meeting up with [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION] and a bunch of other school mates afterwards on Old Shoreham Road and we were all giddy - tangibly vibrating with excitement.

Anyway, that's my favourite game ever and the most I've celebrated a goal.

The north stand seemed especially packed for that game, at least for those of us too young to experience the days of 25-30,000 Goldstone crowds. It was also the only time i was genuinely scared after a goal surge, Matt H got crushed against one of the barriers and had to be carried out while I had an enormous fella protecting me by holding onto the barrier either side of me and holding off the surge. Apart from that, you're right, it was an amazing night, it seemed electric and has stayed with me as one of my favourite games too.

As for the o.p's question, I'll never celebrate a goal more than Reinelt at Hereford but that seems kind of obvious so I'll go with...**** it,. I'll go with the Leicester one too.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Couple more that I don't think have been mentioned;

. Richard Carpenter's free kick equaliser at White Hart Lane 2005

. Andrew Crofts stoppage time winner at Exeter in 2009

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Johnny Byrne away at Liverpool to make it 2-2.. the roughest celebration I ever had!
Ulloa at Forest was just breathless.. got a headache and was dizzy after that one..
Jimmy Case against Norwich in the FA Cup quarter-final... 14 year old bliss...

therealdsg

Sep 3, 2011
Preston Park
Overall Leo at forest and Leo against Palace but recently Hemed's header against Charlton where I found myself standing on the back of the chair in front and have no recollection of getting up there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Definitely Hereford for me, I was behind the goal not far from the front, the goal celebration seemed to go on for ages and I was hugged by fans I didn't even know.

Buckley's second goal against Doncaster was also pretty special.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Was that the one that trickled across the line squirming under the keeper? Or am I thinking of another?! I was in family stand block A right level with that one :)

Big cheers [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] for giving me an excuse to revisit the magnificent Withdean YearsTriple DVD. Happy to confirm (DVD1, couple of seconds before 39th minute) what me brain cells somehow obliterated: Lee Steele's last-gasp winner v Bristol city, Easter Monday 2002, didn't trickle over the line. Was a ('five yards offside') glancing header where the ball went one way and the keeper went the other. :albion: :albion:

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I was in the British Museum in London at the same time as Forest Away in 2014, checking the score using my friend's phone with terrible signal.

It half loaded at the 89th minute with the score at 1-1, so I just grumpily handed it back to him, then about 5 minutes later I asked to check again, FT 1-2. It was the same day as Fulham were relegated from the Prem, and he was a Fulham fan...

So there I was in the British Museum, absolutely buzzing, wanting to scream expletives about the good fortune we had that morning/afternoon and brag, I had to restrain myself a little with my celebrations...
Then I made sure we went up to Wembley Stadium by tube to brag about how we'd be there in two weeks, not to be unfortunately.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
One that I remember for some reason is Ian Baird against Barnet in 1997. I think it was the last evening game at the Goldstone? ALmost 10,000 in the ground as we were on that run at home that basically saved us. North Stand was packed and we ended up way down the right hand side near the pitch.

Baird's goal was put away with his groin. It was a goal very typical of the kind of football we got back then, fairly rubbish. Meant so much though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here