Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Which famous person will you be DISTRAUGHT at losing from this world?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Following HM Queen Elizabeth II's death almost a fortnight ago now which made me far sadder than I ever thought it would, which famous person from whatever they do - be it an actor, sportsperson, royalty, musician, politics, scientist or absolutely anything - would it feel like losing a family member?

Someone that's brought you great joy, entertained you, made you laugh when you've felt really down or their breathtaking achievements?

For me, I worry about David Jason, who is now 82, a smoker and starred in so much great TV. Also Ronnie O'Sullivan, the finest snooker player to ever pick up a cue.

Who would leave a void in your life after providing you with so much pleasure?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
David Jason is a great shout.

Stephen Fry for me. Blackadder, Jeeves & Wooster, QI, some brilliant travel documentaries, fascinating history books and perfect narration of the Harry Potter audiobooks. Someone who made being knowledgeable and fiercely intelligent ‘cool’.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Most important is King Charles makes it through to 2024. I expect we’ll get another extra bank holiday for his coronation - I predict May next year (into next financial year) = another bank holiday. If he then dies say summer of 2024 = another bank holiday, then William coronation in 2025 = another bank holiday. I’ll then hopefully have retired before George makes it. Don’t want them too close together as govt might not give us the days off

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Distraught... no one over 80 tbh. Could get a bit "aww, I liked that person..." but when they're that old, nature is what it is. I save being distraught for younger ones, particularly those with young families.

But sure... David Attenborough is the real king of England.

Last edited:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Sir David Attenborough, the man is a legend and there is nobody who would even come close to filling his shoes.

Tom Hanks, a genuinely lovely guy and top actor.

The death of Rik Mayall is definitely the one that has upset me the most. Growing up watching The Young Ones and Bottom, huge loss.
Also Ray Liotta recently, I've been watching a lot of his films of late, very good actor who will be missed.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Robert Smith

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Clint Eastwood 92 years old - 72 films/tv series from 1955 - 2021
'Get off my lawn' - 'Make my day' - 'Do you feel lucky punk' and a hundred other one liners.
I'll miss him when he has gone - but I can still watch his back catalogue for years to come.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Clint Eastwood 92 years old - 72 films/tv series from 1955 - 2021
'Get off my lawn' - 'Make my day' - 'Do you feel lucky punk' and a hundred other one liners.
I'll miss him when he has gone - but I can still watch his back catalogue for years to come.

Think he'll outlive all of us tbh..

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
For some reason I was disproportionately upset (about someone I'd never met) when Roy Castle died, I guess that was about my childhood. Tbh I haven't been able to really understand why everyone has been so upset about the Queen at 96 dying (other than her ever presence made people think of their own demise or she reminded them of their mum or nan passing). So, I won't be distraught about any famous person dying. It did upset me when Sala died in the plane crash due to him putting his faith in a complete chancer and cowboy of a pilot, and him even suspecting it at the time but still staying in a small propellor plane at night while it taxi-ed. Imagine that feeling.
But to answer your question, of any famous person dying, then I agree with the above I'll be very sad the day Sir David A passes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wrote down a few names then thought, no, I don't like this thread.

I'm out.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
got to be our famous person.. tony bloom... that would make me distraught... not sure anyone else would. did cry when sir bobby robson passed though... suppose, bit like with her maj, you never quite know how you will react

See my post above....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here