Which 'derby' game interests you the most as a neutral?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not interested in any other 'derby' for its 'derby' aspect. For personal reasons (age 11 one was my team and the other was my middle brother's) that have lingered, Leeds vs Chelsea is the only game outside of ours that has any special interest.

What about Brighton rivalries? In recent times it was Bentford and Oriscum (with grudging apologies to whoever posted about annoying team name alterations for low comic effect). And Baaduff, Cheaterfraud, Stains and effing Reading. The team I'd most like to see Brighton rip up and burn: ManUre. Obviously. My hatred of them, in a Brighton context, outweighs the A23/M23 thing. Actually, despite everything, which includes having rocks thrown at me after a game at shitehole park, (and I can say this now the thumbs down button has gone) I have never had much antagonism towards in the alice, even taking a mild interest in them circa 1969 because they had nice pale blue shirts with mauve pinstripes, and a silly name.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have been to many of them and a few of them have been quite tepid affairs. I know you said away but the bore draw at Withdean even had both sets of fans exiting at the same time, so bored and cold that they couldn't be bothered to shout insults at each other never mind throw a punch.

I have not been to a Millwall v West Ham match (or some of the others listed) but I suspect that it is an altogether different league of hatred.
Not how I remember that evening to be honest it was lively in town before and after the game.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Real Betis v Sevilla is always very lively. They do not like each other, big time. Fancy that for a winter sun weekend.

I used to hark after Celtic v Rangers but I think I'd be less tolerant of the bigoted singing these days.

I've been to West Brom v Wolves which has a bite. I remember some great songs in the Wolves end.

PG

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Watched the Ruhr derby on tv over the weekend Dortmund v Schalke. Looked like a cracking atmosphere.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Would always fancy Hajduk Split v Dynamo Zagreb ,I know it's not a Derby but they are the top 2. A few years back i saw Hajduk at home in a League game in front of 4000 . 5 days later i saw them in front of 39000 in a Uefa Cup tie v a Montenegran side ,no love lost and a cracking if not a bit over the top atmosphere .

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Went to Welling v Dartford last season but I wasn't a neutral. UP THE WINGS!!!!

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
Went to Real / Barca match last year at the Bernabau, was without a doubt the best footballing experience of my life. however the ticket was £695.00 but my mate paid, so was more than happy to tag along. was also quite happy with being able to drink / smoke in my seat.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Went to Real / Barca match last year at the Bernabau, was without a doubt the best footballing experience of my life. however the ticket was £695.00 but my mate paid, so was more than happy to tag along. was also quite happy with being able to drink / smoke in my seat.
is it not alcohol free beer only? (It was when I was at the New Camp)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports