Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which DEAD band?artiste would you like to see live if you could !

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Pantera.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Nirvana feat. Kurt Cobain.

If only I'd got out of bed 30 mins earlier on Sunday August 25th 1991 I would have seen them a month before Nevermind was released, and could have claimed my part in their history. They were first act on at a festival in Belgium, drafted in as a last-minute replacement after Limbomaniacs cancelled, basically becauase they were supporting Sonic Youth on tour and were already there anyway. But I hadn't heard of them and opted to stay in bed.

I did see Kurt Cobain dancing at the back of the stage dancing maniacally to Sonic Youth a few hours later the same day, although to be honest I had no idea who 'that loon with the blond hair' was at the time, and only found out much later. Does that count?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If only I'd got out of bed 30 mins earlier on Sunday August 25th 1991 I would have seen them a month before Nevermind was released, and could have claimed my part in their history. They were first act on at a festival in Belgium, drafted in as a last-minute replacement after Limbomaniacs cancelled, basically becauase they were supporting Sonic Youth on tour and were already there anyway. But I hadn't heard of them and opted to stay in bed.

I did see Kurt Cobain dancing at the back of the stage dancing maniacally to Sonic Youth a few hours later the same day, although to be honest I had no idea who 'that loon with the blond hair' was at the time, and only found out much later. Does that count?

I saw Nirvana before Nevermind was released. On the Friday afternoon at the 1991 Reading Festival. I saw them again at Nottingham Rock City that December and again the following year headlining Reading. This really annoys my children. It also annoys my boss although I have told her that I would be happy to swap as she saw both the Clash and AC/DC with Bon Scott.

Not seeing Johnny Cash is my biggest regret on this front. I have also recently been gutted to find out about the death earlier this year of Gavin Clark (Sunhouse/Clayhill). http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/apr/09/gavin-clark

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I saw Nirvana before Nevermind was released. On the Friday afternoon at the 1991 Reading Festival. I saw them again at Nottingham Rock City that December and again the following year headlining Reading. This really annoys my children. It also annoys my boss although I have told her that I would be happy to swap as she saw both the Clash and AC/DC with Bon Scott.

The Belgian festival (Pukkelpop) was the same weekend as Reading.

I have, however, seen both The Clash and AC/DC with Bon Scott, both in 1979. :thumbsup:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The Belgian festival (Pukkelpop) was the same weekend as Reading.

I have, however, seen both The Clash and AC/DC with Bon Scott, both in 1979. :thumbsup:

In which case, on the Sunday afternoon when you were too late for Nirvana, I was too late for the Family Cat, but in time for a sheeps milk ice cream whilst listening to the Kitchens of Distinction.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I have been fortunate enough to see the Who, Rory Gallagher, Thin Lizzy and many of the names mentioned. One of my biggest regrets is not going to the IOW in 1970 to see and hear the legend that is Jimmy Hendrix when I had the opportunity. OK, he appeared more locally when he was little known, but to have had the opportunity and not gone still rankles.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Ella Fitzgerald
Billie Holliday
Sarah Vaughan
The rat pack in their pomp in Vegas
Late 50's Elvis
Louis Armstrong
Charlie Parker
Nat "King" Cole
Nirvana with Kurt

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Me to. I saw them about 12 years ago, but only 4 originals.
Dead ones.........Sam Cooke, Donny Hathaway, Luther, Nat.........

Very much this Soulman, Donny was never overtaken by commercial success, and would recommend Extensions of a Man to any bloke ;) ...and we're certainly living in Trying Times.

Would also have like to see Joy Division

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here