Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which Brighton player is the most valuable?

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
Which player do you think will command the highest fee?

I think Evan Ferguson within 2 years could be a 100M+ player.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
In order I think it’s
Based on age,potential, contract and position

1. Caicedo
2. MacAllister
3. Mitoma
4. Estupinan
5. Ferguson
6. Sanchez
7. Sarmiento
8. Buananotte
9. March
10. Dunk
11. Lamptey
12. Gross
13. Van Hecke

Etc

I reckon after the top three there’s arguments for everyone as no 4 😃

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Well if we’re talking about a few years span, I’m saying little Tony Tucker in the under 7’s
will be worth 786M in 20 years time.
Nah, I've got a mate who works at the training ground and he reckons Tucker is shitehouse.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If Ferguson scores another 5 goals this season he is well, well up that list come the summer.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
From a transfer fee perspective probably Caicedo at the moment. However in terms of value to the way we want to play I would choose Mitoma.

Also as mentioned a few posts back he is extremely valuable from a global branding perspective, along with MacAllister. I think a worldwide fan base will make our success more sustainable in the long term

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Very difficult as players are in different stages and I think ceilings and potential are so hard to gauge. I’d say Caicedo is the most valuable from a Brighton perspective and what he brings, but I have to say that there is something about Mitoma that is really special and unlike any Brighton player before him. Sure we have had people from around the world come to matches to follow a specific player, but not at the scale or obsession of Mitoma’s fanbase. He is a bona fide phenomenon.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
In terms of what we'd let them go for, Caicedo (~£80m), Mitoma (~£70m), Mac Allister (~£70m), Estupiñán (~£50m), Sánchez (~£40m), Ferguson (who knows... but we won't let him go until he's converted some more of that potential into real value).

But then you look at who can actually afford to buy these players, realistically. There are only about 10 clubs.
Man City, Arsenal, Man United, Tottenham, Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid, Barcelona. In years gone by, maybe Juventus, but not now. Bayern Munich tend to spend more savvily.

Looking at the gaps in these squads, there aren't many openings for a left-sided forward. Nor for a goalkeeper (not to mention Raya is probably available in the summer, so why spend more on the comparable Sánchez?). Left backs, there may be a couple of clubs looking, but I'm not sure Estupiñán will be top of their lists yet.

However there will be several clubs shopping for quality central midfielders in the summer - we have two of the best. Rice and Bellingham are home grown and hugely expensive. Clubs will be testing our resolve for Caicedo and Mac in the summer, let's see how high the bids get.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It’s a good call. I left Webbie out as behind Van Hecke for future value maybe? -
I mean if we had a Colwill fit, he’s straight back in the first team
Possibly, but I don’t particularly rate him or think he’s better than Webbo. Plus not our player

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here