Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Brighton Micro Celeb do You Regularly Clock?

Having lived out of the country for several years, I don't recognize any 'celebs' unless they got famous outside of the UK.

As ever, there are regular people that 'stand out' among the crowd. There's a bloke who looks decidedly ill, who hobbles about the Laines dressed in red wet-look plastic and military costumes, sometimes with a mohawk, and a walking stick. He has to be somewhat disturbed. There's also a tranny that worked in Oxfam North St. that was about 7 ft tall and wore dodgy miniskirts that no woman would think to wear.
There's also a fairly 'normal' regular middle-aged bloke that goes into a shop where a mate works, and he boasts proudly of being the fairy that George Michael was caught doing stuff with, last time he was nicked.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I often see David Bobin walking his pet mongoose around Hove Lagoon at weekends.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I used to se Nick Cave :bowdown: & his family in Hoveshire quite regularly, but they seem to have gone into hiding of late :shrug:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
whatever happened to the bloke who used to stand in churchill square shouting his head off, he used to think he was some sort of soviet commissar and made his own uniform and medals.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Preston a lot. Also Greta Scacchi a fair bit.

Oddly saw Dizzee Rascal coming out of the station a week ago.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
There's a bloke who looks decidedly ill, who hobbles about the Laines dressed in red wet-look plastic and military costumes, sometimes with a mohawk, and a walking stick. He has to be somewhat disturbed.

I believe you are thinking of The Commander. So called because he had a large military cap with Commander written in huge letters on the front.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Attachments

• HoveLegend.jpg
    HoveLegend.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 323

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Other Sightings

That woman who did/didnt kill her boyfriend in the outback: Regency Arcade
Simon Friend out of the Levellers: all over the shop
Katie Melua: used to busk in Churchill square
Adam Virgo: in the Hollingbury
Jenny Powell :in Piccolo's
Fatboy: Boozed up in O'Neills

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I used to drink in there, Ross Johnson, Stuart Tuck and Darren Freeman, then at Fulham could often be seen in there in the mid 90s!

I don't know why they do but quite a few of the Albion players went in there..must have been Tony Varnes's (RIP) magnetic personality

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
What with not living in Brighton and all I rarely cross the path of any celebrity (Brightonian or otherwise) but I did once see Roy Castle at a model village in Dorset. Naturally that was before he died. I'm not a medium or anything like that.
Our neighbour goes to the same church as David Garrard apparently. Probably unlikely to impress but honestly with all the stories of rubbing shoulders with the rich and famous of Sussex society I felt a little under pressure to contribute something.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Zoe Wall in Oasis while waiting for my niece to try some old tat on. I thought, "if I was Norm' I'd row her out & devote my life to the Albion......& get a younger & far more attractive sort".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here