Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which bands' music has aged better -Duran Duran or Spandau Ballet?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
They were both shit and still are. :thumbsup:

And that would have been my reply until I watched Duran Duran live at The Eden Project I thought they were very good.
By the way Roxy Music are one of the headline bands at the Looe Music Festival (which is great if it doesn't rain, with the stage right on the beach) not sure to get tickets, anybody think it is worth it, are they still any good?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Duran Duran, very underrated and it should be noted extremely good musicians

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Duran Duran, very underrated and it should be noted extremely good musicians

I'm not sure they're under-rated but you're right, they are very good. I last saw them live at a festival in London and thry rocked the place. The spin-off band - Arcadia? - wasn't to shabby either. Oh, and Stephen Tin Tin Duffy too, who was a very early member of the band, I believe.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Don't mind a bit of 80s music rather listen to either band than most of the rubbish that's popular now.

Must admit I really like Planet Earth by Duran Duran.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm not sure they're under-rated but you're right, they are very good. I last saw them live at a festival in London and thry rocked the place. The spin-off band - Arcadia? - wasn't to shabby either. Oh, and Stephen Tin Tin Duffy too, who was a very early member of the band, I believe.

Arcadia and I think The Power Station included some of them as well as Robert Palmer ?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Spadau Ballet have the distinction of being at number 1 when we were in the Cup Final (True).

That's a FACT (as in True) not just the song True. But it is True. And it was True.

I know.

I mean, I know I know it's True.

I mean True as in the song name, but also that it's True.

Ba ba ba baaaaa....

(The answer is Duran btw - easily)

Jul 7, 2016
Arcadia and I think The Power Station included some of them as well as Robert Palmer ?

You are quite correct. Power station was a project with Robert Palmer. Andy and John Taylor while Arcadia was a project mainly with simon, roger and Nick with guests like grace Jones. Both albums were actually really good. Election day my favourite.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For me Duran Duran are the quintessential 80s pop band.

As for the music, out of the two of them I'm more likely to listen to Spandau Ballets Greatest Hits. Instinction is one of my favourite singles from that era.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Ordinary World, from DD's second coming, is about the only one that stands the test of time. As for SB, it's a bit like Visage's Greatest Hits, you chuck it on expecting it to offer so much more than it does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here