Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which alcohol was responsible for your first horrific hangover and how old were you?

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Whisky followed by Aftershock - 17 thinking I was indistructable
Woke up the following day in a phone box.
Cant even look at an Aftershock bottle now without having spasms

Lush

Mods' Pet
Lamb's Navy Rum at uni aged 19. Not helped by late night munchies being met with a tin of Toast Toppers. I thought I was going to die.

Not been able to drink brown spirits (or eat Toast Toppers) since.

Templeton Peck

Faceman
Jul 15, 2009
Brighton
15 on new years eve out in the pub with a few friends. Not sure what I was drinking but a lot of shots were involved. In my drunken state I decided that Strawberry sunny delight would help sober me up. Woke up in the middle of the night and attempted to be sick out the window. It was closed and sprayed back all over my face, bed, etc etc.... Haven't touched Strawberry sunny D or closed a window since.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Lolz. Quite possibly.

I drunk an entire bottle of whisky (well, minus two measures) aged four and a half after necking the bottle found on the kitchen breakfast table that had been opened for a nightcap the night before. I was found in a pool of sick at the bottom of the stairs at 6 in the morning when the 4 year old girl I'd gone to get a drink with raised the alarm...

I was in a coma for 3 days, with the hospital preparing my parents for the worst, as I was given a 50/50 chance of survival. Three months later, at school sports day, my sweat still STANK of booze. :lolol:

Amazing, at 4 1/2 to actually tolerate the taste and sharpness of whiskey is something else, I should imagine your parents were more than frantic with fear (and probably blaming themselves for leaving it out / in reach) You were very lucky to survive it, there are many a lesser experiences where sadly older people have not! ..............does the smell of whiskey have any affect on you now? or any drink come to that!!!

Yes, even though I have not yet read the whole thread..........You certainly own it!!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Aged 19 and first year at Uni, at a party and someone brought out some port (large quantities) when everything else ran out. I wasn't alone, and I don't think any of us ever made the same mistake again.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Amazing, at 4 1/2 to actually tolerate the taste and sharpness of whiskey is something else, I should imagine your parents were more than frantic with fear (and probably blaming themselves for leaving it out / in reach) You were very lucky to survive it, there are many a lesser experiences where sadly older people have not! ..............does the smell of whiskey have any affect on you now? or any drink come to that!!!

Yes, even though I have not yet read the whole thread..........You certainly own it!!

My dad was a complete tit - his initial reaction was to give 4 year old simster some coffee and attempted to get me to walk it off. :lolol: But yes, they were really very worried. As for whisky, well I was completely off it all through my 20s and most of my 30s. For whatever reason I got back into it in my late 30s. My dad is something of a whisky connoisseur and has around 50 different bottles of single malt. He's also dropped £3k on getting a cask of his distilled, and now the 3 years are up he's expecting around 80 bottles of his own single malt from that. So against this background, I've discovered an enjoyment of whisky I never knew I had. I'm quite particular though - I have 3 bottles of bog standard Teachers / Bells / Famous Grouse - all of which are utter shit compared any of Dad's single malt offerings!

pebble dashed the walls of the ladies toilet in Sherry's with pernod & black - about 17
jack daniels - spent an entire night with my head down the toilet after a session an that when I was much older - should have known better :)

can't stomach either of them now...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here