Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which Albion players have you seen out doing their shopping and what was in their basket?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Ryan in Aldi.. icon-256-256-true-50ad662655bd29b6bd698db89d693e82.png

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Me and Mrs MBH were in Mayberry's buying a garden hose. I was umming and ahhing over the selection when who should clump over in his recuperation boot but our very own Beram Kayal. He limped over, grabbed the first hose he saw and ****ed straight off. Needless to say I INSISTED that we pick the same one. Damn good hose too. Never kinks, and always rewinds perfectly around the spool. Also connects neatly with our outside tap, and has a couple of different nozzles.

Thank you habibi תודה

He doesn't hang around does Mr Kayal. He showed exactly the same single mindedness and determination when buying that cut of beef.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
He probably doesn't remember me but i actually served Martin Chivers down the open market once a long long time ago , and this is what he purchased , 2Lb of steak and kidney , a fresh capon chicken , 1 austrailian frozen rabbit .

P.S stop taking the piss out of Dale , it will only come back to bite you .

giphy (9).gif

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I saw Ali J in Harrods, he was buying an over priced ornament.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
...Chistmas Eve didnt see him but was told by a worker that Lewis Dunk was in Tesco Burgess Hill, probably because as usual I was wearing a BHA baseball cap.

Are you saying that Dunk was lured up to Burgess Hill at the exciting prospect of possibly catching a glimpse of you in your BHA baseball cap?

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
During my time working at the Waitrose in western road, I met Calde a few times and was even asked by none other than Danny Holla and his wife is we had any organic lemons.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
I saw Calderon and few times at Hove Tesco. Once I even saw Calde and Vincente together shopping; Vicente loading the conveyor and Calde packing the bags. I didn't hang around to see who paid.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
During my time working at the Waitrose in western road, I met Calde a few times and was even asked by none other than Danny Holla and his wife is we had any organic lemons.

I trust that you did the proper Waitrose thing of (rather than grunting 'Yeah, aisle two') walking with them to their desired product. I would have, just to spend a minute talking to Holla's INCREDIBLE mrs...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not a player, but I saw CH in M&S the day before the 0-3 defeat to 'Boro around Christmas 2015. He was buying champagne/Prosecco for the backroom staff.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
In 50 years of watching the Albion, I've only once seen a player in any sort of shop and that was when I was behind Gerry Fell in a post office queue. It was 40 years ago, so i have no idea what he was buying.

I guess not many Albion players go to the Aldi in London Rd or to the Open Market.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh - I did also meet Lord Tony Bloom, in the old Queens Road club shop, BUYING a load of Albion Christmas tat for the kids in his extended family. :bowdown:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Also: Adam el Abd in Hollingbury Asda looking bored in yellow flip flops with a very overstuffed trolley.

Yes, I've also seen Adam in Hollingbury Asda. He was just coming in, so didn't have a basket at that point.

I've also seen Glenn Murray in there, but I wasn't nosy enough to peer into his shopping.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here