Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Albion player....

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
Orlandi will win player of the championship this year! Ulloa top scorer too :)

Slightly optimistic I know but in all seriousness I think Orlandi is going to be AMAZING this year

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Judging by per season, Orlandi.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Make or break time for CMS at the Albion. To not fit in with the style of play of one attack-minded manager is unfortunate, to not fit in with the style of play of two attack-minded managers is something else.

Personally I wouldn't class Gus as an attack minded Manager but more as a keep hold of the ball, possession Manager. Surely if he was attack minded we wouldn't of had so many games where we didn't register one single shot on Goal.(The players cant be totally to blame for this)

I believe that CMS may well benefit from Oscar's leadership, as from what I have seen & read about his previous Job's including how he set the team up against Getafe, Attack is also important. Wouldn't be surprised if we are a little closer to the top of the SOG table this year, just hope we are also closer to the top of the League table too.

In answer to the OP's original question while I think all the team will benefit including the youth & DS. I agree Orlandi seems to fit OG system perfectly.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
I would like to think Barnes as he will hopefully be played in his natural position. As good as Ulloa is, Barnes is head and shoulders the best striker at the club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Now, I'm a huge fan of Ash, but even I don't believe that.

Yet to be convinced of the energy levels of Ulloa over two games a week, and on what I've seen I would put him in front of Barnes BUT I'll reserve judgement until I've see Barnes played as an out and out striker for a number of games. He never really got a run in that position last season or the time to strike up an understanding with another forward. I was immensely encouraged by his displays at the end of the season and I reckon he could match up to Ulloa. Either way the thought of seeing both of them together excites me, when they did play together they seemed to have the promise of a decent understanding.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Either way the thought of seeing both of them together excites me, when they did play together they seemed to have the promise of a decent understanding.

I reckon that's the key for us this year. We've had Jake talking about forming an understanding with Orlandi. Either official bhafc or Naylor twitter talking about understanding between Orlandi and Dickenson. Barnes and Ulloa definitely have that and, I think, compliment each other well (Barnes crossing is superb and Ulloa rarely beaten in the air)

We do need another goal-scoring midfielder, though. I hope that can be Jake but if not then we'll have to go looking to replace Dave's nine (i think?) goals.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I reckon that's the key for us this year. Barnes and Ulloa definitely have that and, I think, compliment each other well (Barnes crossing is superb and Ulloa rarely beaten in th air

I'm hoping for a 2013 pairing that will be as good together as Ward and Mellor or Byrne and Small...it has been a long long time since we had a good strike force at this level rather than just a good striker. Barnes and Murray could have been as well

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I'm hoping for a 2013 pairing that will be as good together as Ward and Mellor or Byrne and Small...it has been a long long time since we had a good strike force at this level rather than just a good striker. Barnes and Murray could have been as well

:( Before my time. Don't think I've ever seen us have a top quality strikeforce before. Murray and Barnes were great for one season, but I imagine that those two combos were in a different league

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
:( Before my time. Don't think I've ever seen us have a top quality strikeforce before. Murray and Barnes were great for one season, but I imagine that those two combos were in a different league

Ward and Mellor were a class apart in the third division and pretty special in the 2nd although I seem to remember Mellor struggling a bit once we got to the top end of the 2nd. Byrne and Small were thrown together by Barry Lloyd, one from Le Havre and one from a Greek club from memory. Both freebies too I think. Anyway they were stunning together, both powerful and skilful and nearly shot us in the 1st division with their goals. I believe we are the only team to have reached the play off finals for promotion to the top level with a negative goal difference, the defence was not so good :lolol:

Hope you get to see something of a similar quality from Barnes and Ulloa this year with CMS and Hoskins slotting in when necessary, although the chances of us having 4 strikers having a good season is probably remote.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope that it is CMS as I would love to see him get near the 20 goal mark because if he does and Ulloa scores much the same we will be very near to top of the table. Plus it would justify the fee we paid for him and shut up some of he moaners.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think the whole squad and the youngsters will benefit. Don't forget he and the club have brought in some top coaches, i think this will pay dividends in time, maybe not this season, although it would be nice, but certainly next season and onwards imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here