Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which 3 teams will we finish above next season

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why does staying at one club question your ambition or skill?

It doesn't, not necessarily. But you need to check your history. Howe did leave Bournemouth, flopped, and came back home to you with, frankly, his tale between his legs. Not denying he has been successful with Bournemouth since - but some managers (like some players) only 'fit' one club, and aren't nearly so hot elsewhere. Graham Taylor - genius at Watford; apart from that? Bobby Robson at Newcastle (OK he was better for England than some), Alan Mullery at Brighton (first time round) - there are plenty more too. And don't forget, Bill Shankly was a not very successful lower-league journeyman manager until he ramped up at Liverpool!
Just enjoy your time in the PL while it lasts (and you know as well as I do that all smaller clubs (those outside the top seven) will eventually slip up and have that 'bad season' and be back in the lower leagues before they can say 'Boo') and please don't feel the need to sneer at Hughton's considerable achievements.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Name a football League manager who has done a better job than Howe in the last 10 years. I bet you can't name one?

How many managers apart from Eddie Howe are allowed to have a wage bill of £30 million despite an income of only £12 million? This was the 2014/15 season when Bournemouth blatantly "cheated" FFP regulations to get promoted.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It doesn't, not necessarily. But you need to check your history. Howe did leave Bournemouth, flopped, and came back home to you with, frankly, his tale between his legs. Not denying he has been successful with Bournemouth since - but some managers (like some players) only 'fit' one club, and aren't nearly so hot elsewhere. Graham Taylor - genius at Watford; apart from that? Bobby Robson at Newcastle (OK he was better for England than some), Alan Mullery at Brighton (first time round) - there are plenty more too. And don't forget, Bill Shankly was a not very successful lower-league journeyman manager until he ramped up at Liverpool!
Just enjoy your time in the PL while it lasts (and you know as well as I do that all smaller clubs (those outside the top seven) will eventually slip up and have that 'bad season' and be back in the lower leagues before they can say 'Boo') and please don't feel the need to sneer at Hughton's considerable achievements.

Bobby Robson was pretty good at Ipswich, but I do agree with the sentiment, regarding individuals and success at a single club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I'm having a charity accumulator in August for Chestnut Tree House Children's Hospice in Arundel predicting that the Albion will finish above the following seven sides

Palace
Swansea
West Ham
Huddersfield or Reading
Burnley
Watford
Bournemouth

All for a very worthy cause ⚽

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here