Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 (low)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Based on the whole package, starting with the professional stewardship of TB and PB.

Talk about being in safe hands.

There's something about RDZ .... charismatic, personality, overtly passionate about his team .... you can't be taught that. When folk used to post that they'd rather have a quiet CH/GP than a touchline loon living the cause with the crowd, I really thought the polar opposite. I love it.
And I loved his post match presser, seems a fantastic guy who already knows his squad inside out 👍👍

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
After seeing De Zerbi’s debut game and his style of attacking play with its consequential increased risk of conceding goals compared to Potterball , I decided to take the emotional middle road right from the start for the sake of my health , I have high blood pressure you see! 🙂

On a serious note, I was never really worried about the football though because every game under De Zerbi had been played exceptionally well imo (apart from winning goals) and margins were generally slim, I have actually felt incredibly inspired watching Brighton’s football the last few months . Yet, after the big exodus, I seriously had a major despair fest and went down the rabbit hole head first — not just regarding Brighton but the whole bloody state of Premier League football, heck, of capitalism in all its forms! Judging by NSC, I was not alone in that (so great thread Bozza!)

After Saturday, I do feel much better now about the Club’s ability to still compete in the Premier league even when we feel we have lost the very people who helped us get to where we are today - TB and PB deserve massive acknowledgment for their role in how far we’ve come though too, I think that’s what got pushed to the back burner in my mind with Potter et al leaving but TB and PB are still here with their hands on the tiller. I do think we played a brilliant attacking game on Saturday (well at least for the first 45) but I also think Chelsea were very much under par - this was a perfect storm for them for a number of reasons - if it wasn’t, things could have been very different and I think we would have fought hard just for a point.

Therefore, I’m still keeping it real and mulling along with an optimistic outlook for one match at a time but as a PL Club I beleive we will survive!

PS Is this what GP calls ‘emotional literacy’? Like group therapy or something? Good innit. 😁

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
8, and it wouldn’t be much higher if I was a Citeh fan. I don’t do 10s.

Saturday was very special, but what really got to me was RDZ’s comments about the nightmare of Ukraine followed by talking about being happy in Brighton, the welcome of the club, the family etc. The man’s a star.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't know if my mojo is low, or fear/pessimism is high. So many times in football we see struggling* teams pull out a result in a key match, only to go back to struggling, we see teams step up and perform better against the glamour opponents, but struggle against the ordinary. I'm now fully expecting a Fulham or Forest performance v Wolves.

*I accept it is odd to consider 3-3 at anfield v Liverpool. a narrow loss to spurs, a strong performance in a 3-1 loss at City 'struggling' but factor in the blank v forest, the loss to Brentford and the context of results prior, and the loss of the manager, it feels to me like a run that can be descirbed as 'struggling'.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
After seeing De Zerbi’s debut game and his style of attacking play with its consequential increased risk of conceding goals compared to Potterball , I decided to take the emotional middle road right from the start for the sake of my health , I have high blood pressure you see! 🙂

On a serious note, I was never really worried about the football though because every game under De Zerbi had been played exceptionally well imo (apart from winning goals) and margins were generally slim, I have actually felt incredibly inspired watching Brighton’s football the last few months . Yet, after the big exodus, I seriously had a major despair fest and went down the rabbit hole head first — not just regarding Brighton but the whole bloody state of Premier League football, heck, of capitalism in all its forms! Judging by NSC, I was not alone in that (so great thread Bozza!)

After Saturday, I do feel much better now about the Club’s ability to still compete in the Premier league even when we feel we have lost the very people who helped us get to where we are today - TB and PB deserve massive acknowledgment for their role in how far we’ve come though too, I think that’s what got pushed to the back burner in my mind with Potter et al leaving but TB and PB are still here with their hands on the tiller. I do think we played a brilliant attacking game on Saturday (well at least for the first 45) but I also think Chelsea were very much under par - this was a perfect storm for them for a number of reasons - if it wasn’t, things could have been very different and I think we would have fought hard just for a point.

Therefore, I’m still keeping it real and mulling along with an optimistic outlook for one match at a time but as a PL Club I beleive we will survive!

PS Is this what GP calls ‘emotional literacy’? Like group therapy or something? Good innit. 😁
Good thoughtful post - thank you. Just about sums it all up I think.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
9 for me, if it were 10 I'd be worried.

Only thing taking the shine off for me is the inevitable RAID for our star players from Chel$ea in January.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
When Albion loose on a Saturday, I always wake on a Sunday morning feeling ok and upbeat for a few seconds until I remember - then I have a horrible stab of realisation and a feeling of deep gloom and my bad mood can last until Monday lunchtime when work has finally got my mojo back. On days they win, I can’t stop looking at the Table and feel upbeat for several days devising any number of ways I can get to the next home game.

(Am I taking my footie too seriously - do I need therapy ? 😂)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can I vote again and change it to 10 please. Apart from getting to the FA Cup final, I cannot think of anytime it being better to be an Albion fan/supporter than now. And of course, 1983 was bittersweet as we got relegated as well.
Was about to post the same re changing my vote!

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Pretty high tbh, I love the evolution of our play, built on solid foundations with added risk, it's an exciting mix.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
10. There isn't much to be down about is there?

Apart from the bottle top ban and being fleeced for the right to pass on your tickets to a mate obviously.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Very high. I just saw the chelsea highlights again. I remember we have Estupinian and mitoma to rampage down the left. Hopefully Trossard will have a point to prove. Caicedo will have even more confidence and we have a World Cup winner in the squad.

The media will be all over Brighton if we have a few wins over the next month or so (next two home games are tricky against arsenal and Liverpool and if we can get 4 points then the coverage will be nuts.

We have a World Cup winner. We have a left back who in three games looked incredible. What’s not to love?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here