Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where's Will Buckley gone?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Disagree. Kaz is great in a free role and when you have 3 central mids you should be able to cover for him at any given opportunity. Kaz cutting in must scare a lot of defences, down the wing continuously is too 1 dimensional.

Then we beg to differ, a true 'free' role would indicate Kaz also looking for space on the right, which I rarely recall him doing. Tactical nous, for me, is his weakest attribute and twice we were exposed when he wandered to the middle. Bridcutt and Ince to a lesser extent are holding midfield players, so any time they leave that area of the pitch we are considerably weakened, as was the case when he lost the ball in midfield.

I like Kaz going down the line or cutting inside on to his right foot. On his day he is devastating.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I blame Oscar. KLL should have started on the left. Hopefully, lesson learnt for Charlton.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
doesnt look fit and playing him on the left just didnt look right, Kaz should be starting against charlton

I wondered when someone would point out the obvious, Most of Buckleys good performances have
been when playing down the right, he can go past people and get his crosses in, He is lost when asked to play down the left.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think I must be alone in this but I thought, considering he hadn't started a game for ages, Buckley did okay. He wasn't amazing but he looked a threat at times, especially since he was playing out of position.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Footballers not being at their best when returning from injury shocker

This. He simply doesn't look match fit. A player doesn't lose their ability overnight.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He's always blown hot and cold for us but the hot patches/games have been worth it.

This season though there haven't really been any peaks so just hoping if he gets his head down and gets some play time over the congested Xmas period, he can prove many here wrong

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He hasnt looked the same this season but I wouldnt start Lua Lua I would start Buckley and if he doesnt produce bring on Lua Lua earlier than yesterday or forget the wide left and put Andrews in to bolster the midfield in our away games at Charlton and Blackpool after which time we can re sign Conway.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Footballers not being at their best when returning from injury shocker

No, sorry. He was picked for the team and did his best therefore he's shit. NSC has spoken.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Season 1 - he was outstanding, though of course had niggling injury.
Last season - Again outstanding, until hamstring again, most notably Wolves away from memory. When he came back wasn't the same player.
This season - I feel he has continued in the same vain. As others have said its probably a confidence thing and a run in the team will help.

Agreed, it has worked for both Bruno and David who were being criticised every game a few weeks ago.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The lad can do no wrong for me. His Doncaster goals will keep him in the Legend Hall of Fame!

Having said that, he is not the Bucks we know so far this season but I'm sure he will get back on track before too long!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here