Wheres the arch gone...........

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
On the web cam??:facepalm::cry:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Seriously does anyone know why they have taken it down, it was there last night!??

From another thread:

Don't worry... because the arch is curved both vertically and in plan, it is an extremely complex geometrical shape. Watsons have allowed for this, by making some of the flanges oversized, to allow for modifications - but this means that final adjustments cannot be made until it has been put into place.

However it is much easier to make these adjustments on the ground, and for this reason it is likely that you will see each of the sections of the arch being lifted into position and then taken down again over the next few weeks.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
went past yesterday morning (Sunday) and it was on the floor, so it can't have been up last night. :shrug:

It may have gone back up for a re-fit and lowered again for more adjustments, it only takes a reletively short time for it to go up and come down again.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Give it an hour of so, and I'm sure we can get ourselves back in a semi-erect state at least.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
"making some of the flanges oversized, to allow for modifications"

snigger

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
They did some flange adjustments on the last series of Embarassing Bodies on channel 4.

I'm not sure it had anything to do with big steel arches through.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bit of an anti climax after the build up.

Will be great when it's all up but going to take a while i suspect to see it in all its glory

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here