Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where's Charlie?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry, but with all due respect, I refuse to accept that stupid ex-Albion players suddenly become non-stupid backroom staff. Why would anyone even believe that? Tho compared to Charlie and Jonesy, Tanno has to be the ultimate cnancer. Never looks remotely interested in anything coaching-related, tho will be the chosen one one that GP takes to his consolation prize Spanish-speaking club in the Autumn

In your opinion (a very harsh one) they were stupid players. I remember them winning two back to back championships (winning you a packet of money) and a play off final. They also did well in the Championship although Charlie more than Jonah.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In your opinion (a very harsh one) they were stupid players. I remember them winning two back to back championships (winning you a packet of money) and a play off final. They also did well in the Championship although Charlie more than Jonah.

We'll have to agree to disagree then. Charlie and Jonah always seemed to me to be peripheral players in the back to back championes.Tho I'm 100% sure neither is anything special on the non-playing side.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We'll have to agree to disagree then. Charlie and Jonah always seemed to me to be peripheral players in the back to back championes.Tho I'm 100% sure neither is anything special on the non-playing side.

Not so peripheral or stupid to have a million or so in the bank,eh?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Sorry, but with all due respect, I refuse to accept that stupid ex-Albion players suddenly become non-stupid backroom staff. Why would anyone even believe that? Tho compared to Charlie and Jonesy, Tanno has to be the ultimate cnancer. Never looks remotely interested in anything coaching-related, tho will be the chosen one one that GP takes to his consolation prize Spanish-speaking club in the Autumn

Does that mean that the people who choose to employ them as back room staff are also stupid?

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
I know he left the fold but I've always thought Mr Oatway has a place in the hearts of us Albion fans. Is he living locally or still up North? Presumably he's still hanging onto Gus's coat-tails waiting for him to land.

He was over East Brighton Park watching the Hawks a couple of weeks ago, happily shaking hands and chatting to everyone, don't think I can ever think bad of him.

Yoda

English & European

Well, the FA don't seem to agree with you either then. They regard Jonah very highly, remember them calling him up to help coach the U21's in the summer.

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...jones-coaching-england-under-21s-2483992.aspx

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Every team needs an Oatway. A scuffler, a tackler, a fierce competitor, someone who does the dirty work to get the team back on the front foot to enable the skillsters to take over. He gave his all every time he pulled on the stripes, and he played a massive part in dragging this club back up from the noddy leagues.

Wouldn't begrudge him a thing, good luck to the fella. He served us well.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One thing for sure is his "humour" is cringeworthy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here