[Albion] Where would you be looking to strengthen in January?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And on Foxestalk they reckon Ryan would be a good replacement for KS
They wouldn't have to buy a new shirt, just cross out schmichel's name.

Look after the pennies.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Quite easily. Yes we obviously need a striker but we could have played Harry Kane up front today and would still have lost 2.0.
Yeah I do agree but as plan A with the little people wasn't working, not having a creditable plan B made a nearly impossible job even harder!!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Quite easily. Yes we obviously need a striker but we could have played Harry Kane up front today and would still have lost 2.0.

None of our strikers, or anyone on our team had even a shot on target today. Hard to score without that. Maupay went down 2x on the box way way too easily, should have atleast got a shot off. Annoying as a fan to see this. If GM was 10 years younger, I'm sure he would have bagged one of those atleast so i dont agree it would have been 2-0. Possibly 2-1 or 2-2 with Kane on fire.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I don't know what our ideal striker is playing Potter ball, but we don't' have one.

GM-'history
Maupay- meh!
Connolly- yes, but needs nurturing and developing.

Given two others are out on loan and not exactly ripping it up,in a 'please come back' kind of way, A fresh acquisition would be a bonus in January. Today's performance was very last season . . . .a lack of creativity/skill/ability going forward.

Having said that, Leicercestercestershire are a cut above. And fast. We could have lost by 6 or 7, and it wouldn't have been harsh on reflection.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
We need to be prepared to see past the (almost hewn in stone) idea that the best midfielder we’ll ever posses is Dale Stephens... it’s so entrenched that he’s first pick, regardless of the incumbent manager, and for me our (all of us included) vision is utterly compromised by his irreplaceable (undroppable) status. I’ve said it before, we need a bold progression through a period of evolution and DS is as much part of current inability to move beyond 18-15th than anyone else. I’d like to see a £30 million defensive midfielder who puts Dale Stephens well and truly in the shade... alas I doubt we will. Other than that we need to permanently ship out Andone, Jurgs, and have a third genuine striking option at the club. A far better (quicker and stronger) pair of wingbacks too would be grand and play Alzate as the man in behind our striker (centrally) immediately.

I should really clarify, DS is our best holding midfielder - in reality our only genuine holding midfielder and therein lies the rub... I’d just like to explore the minute possibility that someone else playing that key role could be the one to unlock the door of the top 10. It would free DP to play further forward, getting the best out of him... ultimately the DS role for me is the one area we should go for broke in terms of recruitment.

Last edited:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I confidently predict that in January we'll spend good money on a young ball playing centre back. We'll also pick up a reserve goalie, 3 first year scholars and cover at left back for the women's team.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I reckon Ben White taking over the Stephens defensive midfield role would be a good gamble. Then replace Propper with Alzate, use Mooy and our midfield 3 would be loads better.

I am not convinced by Montoya or Schelotto so a new right back and left back would be welcome.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
We need 2 better quality full backs / wing backs (left & right) plus another striker that will challenge Maupay for a starting place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports