Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where will you be watching the England Euro Final?

Where will you be watching the Euro Final?

• At home with family/friends

Votes: 80 46.2%
  • At someone elses home with friends/family

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • In the pub

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Social Club

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I'm a lucky sod and I'm going to Wem-ber-lee

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • At a fan park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll be listening on the wireless

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I won't be watching or listening

Votes: 60 34.7%

• Total voters

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I have no problem with people who don't want to watch as they're not interested. Fair enough. I have no interest in golf, tennis or motor racing and I wouldn't watch those sports if you paid me. But the 'prism' of men's football is what the detractors use. They say how the women's game is slow and weak with rubbish goalkeepers and that the best players wouldn't last five minutes in a men's Sunday League game. All that maybe true - but it's totally irrelevant. You can't look at it through the prism of the men's game. As a spectacle these Euros have been the equal of any male football tournament. It's been brilliant and those of us who like women's football have thoroughly enjoyed it, and if we lose on Sunday I will be as gutted as I was when the men lost against Italy.

That's pretty much how I feel with the exception of your last line. As another person has stated I'm just not invested in women's game to the degree that I would be gutted.

boik

It's just fine that women want to play football. Hope they enjoy it. I am not personally interested in watching football matches equal to the quality of non-league.

I'm not sure that anyone goes on the non-league threads and proudly says that they won't watch it as it's not as good as the P/L.

I don't get all the negative comparisons with the elite means game. It's a different version of the same game and extremely enjoyable. Should I slag off my 9 year old grandson when I watch him cos he's not as good as de Bruyne rather than enjoying watching him compete at his own level?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Sir Keir has announced if Labour were in power he would grant an extra bank holiday for the Womens success. Another reason to vote labour and support the girls on Sunday.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
...Where I disagree is how I’ll react if we lose. I’ll be disappointed in a slightly abstract way, and will regret not seeing the full extent of the growth in the women’s game that would follow a win (though I think it’s already going to get a decent kick start), but I won’t feel anywhere near the level of personal disappointment as I did when the men lost to Italy. I’m just not invested to the same degree.

I'd pretty much agree with all of this, except to say that I wasn't that disappointed when we lost to Italy. I would have liked us to win but when we didn't, I was over it in about 5 minutes .
I've said before on other threads - I think a lot of NSC share those sentiments with regard to England whatever the sport and whatever the gender. England international matches/performances simply don't mean as much to some/most people as Brighton ones do.

And I'll even add my own little caveat: whilst I will be gutted with an England defeat I don't hold Brighton men's and women's teams the same, i.e. a defeat for the men on a Saturday will in no way be eased by a victory for the women on a Sunday.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Last edited:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Football can be enjoyable at all levels. I see a lot of Shoreham which is obviously vastly inferior to the Prem but the enjoyment I get from seeing a live match is still high. The women's game may not match the mens but it's all relative. I actually think the quality has been pretty high so far in the Euro's bar some weak goal keeping.

It doesn't just to be sport at elite levels that can be enjoyable. I think more people should occasionally get along and support their real local county sides on occasions if they can't make it to the Amex. I think they might be surprised how enjoyable it can be.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Sir Keir has announced if Labour were in power he would grant an extra bank holiday for the Womens success. Another reason to vote labour and support the girls on Sunday.

Surely the holiday would be just for the women - and you can resume posting pictures of them in skimpy tops ?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Sorry lads, we're all sold out

Seems the England men's team are trying to get tickets for the final and have been asking the girls for tickets but they've all gone. Unlucky lads.

:lolol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62353740

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Wow.

3 of the first 6 posts are disparaging comments. We have a long way to go in addressing the casual sexism in society.

I’ll be in the Buskers with pints and mates and hoping to see us lift a trophy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is it sexist to have no interest in womans football?

And no, I wont be watching it.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Wembley for me. Took daughter to every game at the Amex and she absolutely loved it. After almost being scammed several times I managed to find someone genuine and now have 4 tickets in my app. £250 all in for CAT 2 which seems reasonable given they are going for £200 each. Worth it to see the smile on her face. Making memories...

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Just a thought - every "sold out" game so far has had thousands of empty seats because, I'm assuming looking at prices for the final, secondary market prices are out of sync with how much people are prepared to pay. I'm guessing the final will be no different which is a shame, but shouldn't the app UEFA use make it easier to stop touts? e.g. only make transferring a ticket to someone else possible if you're within a certain distance of them? You have to turn on your location to use the ticket already so that shouldn't be hard. Or putting in email addresses of people you're buying for and will transfer to at time of purchase? Or even allowing tickets to be returned and resold (which it doesn't look like I could do with mine if I wanted to).

UEFA wins because stadiums are actually full in the photos etc, sponsors get more out of it, concessions in the stadium get more, the teams get more support. Seems a bit contradictory that they are telling people not to buy secondary market while doing zero to actually prevent it.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
How is everyone feeling?? Strangely no nerves, have supreme confidence in Wiegmann and the Lionesses.

It's almost home!

:clap:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Just a thought - every "sold out" game so far has had thousands of empty seats because, I'm assuming looking at prices for the final, secondary market prices are out of sync with how much people are prepared to pay. I'm guessing the final will be no different which is a shame, but shouldn't the app UEFA use make it easier to stop touts? e.g. only make transferring a ticket to someone else possible if you're within a certain distance of them? You have to turn on your location to use the ticket already so that shouldn't be hard. Or putting in email addresses of people you're buying for and will transfer to at time of purchase? Or even allowing tickets to be returned and resold (which it doesn't look like I could do with mine if I wanted to).

UEFA wins because stadiums are actually full in the photos etc, sponsors get more out of it, concessions in the stadium get more, the teams get more support. Seems a bit contradictory that they are telling people not to buy secondary market while doing zero to actually prevent it.

Never had this problem when we simply queued up for a paper ticket, or bought one over the phone direct from the club! Yes, there were touts outside the grounds - but in general, it wasn't on this large-scale organised system that leaves great blocks of seats empty.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Why is it sexist to have no interest in womans football?

And no, I wont be watching it.

It's not.

But making a point of making a disparaging point is casual sexism. And if you don't watch , then you'll miss out on a great English football achievement, if we can win.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Changing my vote from pub to home. Went into town straight after the match yesterday and got thoroughly rat-arsed, so currently glued to sofa feeling sorry for myself :lolol:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Ship is filling up nicely, Dave has kindly offered 10% off a glass of Prosecco for the next hour if England score first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here