Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where will you be watching the England Euro Final?

Where will you be watching the Euro Final?

• At home with family/friends

Votes: 80 46.2%
  • At someone elses home with friends/family

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • In the pub

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Social Club

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I'm a lucky sod and I'm going to Wem-ber-lee

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • At a fan park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll be listening on the wireless

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I won't be watching or listening

Votes: 60 34.7%

• Total voters

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
From my perspective I really hope they win it and yes I will watch the news and goals after the event but it doesn't float my boat enough to watch it unless I have nothing else to do, which I may not on Saturday late afternoon but I have no plans to arrange my day around it, unlike when the Albion are playing in any competition or televised friendly :smile:

I may go a bit [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] if GP gets the job as England Ladies manager though :lolol:
His Career would have to have taken a serious nose dive to get that gig.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
As Mrs P will be working I guess it would be rude not to go the pub.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
From my perspective I really hope they win it and yes I will watch the news and goals after the event but it doesn't float my boat enough to watch it unless I have nothing else to do, which I may not on Saturday late afternoon but I have no plans to arrange my day around it, unlike when the Albion are playing in any competition or televised friendly :smile:

I may go a bit [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] if GP gets the job as England Ladies manager though :lolol:

Maybe a straight swap. Sarina Wiegman to Brighton, GP to England Ladies.

Unlikely perhaps as I think she is a very strong contender to replace Gareth Southgate.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You do know that is a load of tosh don't you? My passion for football doesn't cover watching United, Chelsea, Barcelona, Madrid, in fact any match that doesn't involve the Albion men's team. How does that make me a lightweight? Would you watch Boro vs Burnley? :wink:

Dissing people who have no interest in women's football as well as 80%+ of televised men's football is just daft, Each to their own.

I think we've found your limits then. That's fine.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I had less than zero interest in womens football until I decided to watch an England game a couple of weeks back.
Working from home, had been missing football so very half-heartedly decided to give it a go.

After 2 England games, I was sold.
Absolute entertainment, and I enjoyed yesterdays game more than any recent Mens England game Over the past few years.

I wouldn’t dare try and shame anyone for not being into womens football, as I certainly wasn’t until very recently.

And unfortunately I’ll miss the final, as I’m camping over the long weekend, but I’ll try and get it on the radio if I have phone signal.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
And, if you can’t appreciate watching women play football, then you’re just not that into the game. That’s ok. It’s just a measure of how deep your passion for football goes. I guess you’re just a lightweight.

Firstly, I wasn’t one of those first 6 disparaging comments - in fact the opposite.

But I hadn’t seen much women’s football before, but was astounded at the skill levels, on occasion the hardness levels and the entertainment value. Some of it wasn’t so hot, but then that’s only what the men’s equivalent would be.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
And, if you can’t appreciate watching women play football, then you’re just not that into the game. That’s ok. It’s just a measure of how deep your passion for football goes. I guess you’re just a lightweight.

Totally agree.. taking last night's game in isolation Meade's goal was great finishing and Russo's goal was brilliant thinking and improvisation. Wonderful to watch.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You do know that is a load of tosh don't you? My passion for football doesn't cover watching United, Chelsea, Barcelona, Madrid, in fact any match that doesn't involve the Albion men's team. How does that make me a lightweight? Would you watch Boro vs Burnley? :wink:

Dissing people who have no interest in women's football as well as 80%+ of televised men's football is just daft, Each to their own.

Not forgetting all those mouthwatering non-Albion PL fixtures like Everton against just about anyone else, Brentford v Southampton, West Ham v Burnley, Watford v Leicester, in fact Leicester against just about any other team. Who watches that stuff if you’re not a fan of the teams involved? I guess people who pay a fortune for SKY and feel they should to justify the cost.

England women a different thing for me. Although I’ve barely watched 5 minutes of the tournament, I respect those who support it, and would be myself on Sunday if I wasn’t working.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
England women a different thing for me. Although I’ve barely watched 5 minutes of the tournament, I respect those who support it, and would be myself on Sunday if I wasn’t working.

I'm not sure the match is going ahead now anyway as some elderly men have said they prefer men's football and F1. If they can get some smaller goals by Sunday plus squeeze in a friendly against Horsham to see how many they would get thrashed by to satisfy everybody's curiosity, then it's still a possibility, but as things stand it's probably off. Shame, 'cos I was enjoying it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not sure the match is going ahead now anyway as some elderly men have said they prefer men's football and F1. If they can get some smaller goals by Sunday plus squeeze in a friendly against Horsham to see how many they would get thrashed by to satisfy everybody's curiosity, then it's still a possibility, but as things stand it's probably off. Shame, 'cos I was enjoying it.

I heard there was so much enthusiasm for the women's game now that if England win the Euros Albion ladies will play at the Amex on weekends and the men's team will relocate to Lancing :shrug:

Who to believe eh?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
have watched the last 2 but found it all a bit noddy with the crowd and things.

May tune in if dont have plans though

Yeah, this.

It’s a totally different game and one I can take or leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I think we've found your limits then. That's fine.

Its quite easy to have two views that the increase in popularity of women's football - and especially the explosion of girls teams at grassroot level - is a great thing whilst acknowledging that the game isn't quite there yet. By that I mean watching a goalkeeper being megged and make a hash of the 4th in a semi final as well as some of the ridiculous gulf in class in the qualifying which is no good for anyone. I'm sure things will improve exponentially in line with the increase in numbers playing but let's not pretend we are watching 1970 Brazil v the Arsenal invincibles and anyone that doesn't appreciate it is some kind of football heathen.

I'll watch the final but can't say I'll lose any sleep if the result goes the wrong way (and there is nothing better than watching sport that matters) Good luck in the final. If this encourages more girls into grassroots football, it can only be a good thing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Totally agree.. taking last night's game in isolation Meade's goal was great finishing and Russo's goal was brilliant thinking and improvisation. Wonderful to watch.

The first goal was brilliant. None of the other three go in as part of a men’s game. The fourth was embarrassing all round for the Swedes.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
I wish people would respect that some people don't like watching it. It's a media circus, overpromoting a non league level of football because it's women playing..
That's my view after trying to stomach one game.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Firstly, I wasn’t one of those first 6 disparaging comments - in fact the opposite.

But I hadn’t seen much women’s football before, but was astounded at the skill levels, on occasion the hardness levels and the entertainment value. Some of it wasn’t so hot, but then that’s only what the men’s equivalent would be.

Careful Dave! Don't go challenging the dinosaur's stereotypical views. Heaven forfend! They might have to watch this stuff!

Their biggest fear - deep down - is that the women's game gets more popular, and they might eventually have to give up control of the TV remote to other members of the family. The male preserve being challenged! Whatever next?

In the meantime, hands over ears and eyes. "La la la la la la la! This stuff is crap. La la la la la la la."

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll be watching, and have really enjoyed this England run. Having had a somewhat jaundiced view about the womens game, I've been genuinely taken aback at the quality of some of the games this summer, and this England team in particular. My problem has always been the relatively pedestrian pace of the womens game and lack of intensity, but thats not been the case with the England games I've seen in this tournament. So much skill and inventiveness in the passing on show, workrate to close down, and a real blood-and-thunder attacking mentality. The Lionesses look a class above.

Its still not going to get me on the bingo bus to Crawley for the WSL, but I'll have more than a passing interest in the England womens team now.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Careful Dave! Don't go challenging the dinosaur's stereotypical views. Heaven forfend! They might have to watch this stuff!

Their biggest fear - deep down - is that the women's game gets more popular, and they might eventually have to give up control of the TV remote to other members of the family. The male preserve being challenged! Whatever next?

In the meantime, hands over ears and eyes. "La la la la la la la! This stuff is crap. La la la la la la la."

Don’t worry, come mid winter it’ll be back to 500 or so people watching on reserve and out grounds

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I wish people would respect that some people don't like watching it. It's a media circus, overpromoting a non league level of football because it's women playing..
That's my view after trying to stomach one game.

Yet, like the perennial pub bore, you’ve barged into the middle of a conversation about something you don’t like, simply to make the point that you don’t like it. Well done.

Apologies if you feel that a football tournament being on the telly in the middle of summer when **** all else is happening somehow disrespects or offends you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here