Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where will the Albion finish in 23/24?

Where will the Albion finish in 23/24?

• 1st

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • 2nd

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 3rd

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • 4th

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • 5th

Votes: 18 7.6%
  • 6th

Votes: 19 8.1%
  • 7th

Votes: 29 12.3%
  • 8th

Votes: 43 18.2%
  • 9th

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • 10th

Votes: 34 14.4%
  • 11th

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • 12th

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • 13th

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • 14th

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 15th

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 16th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 17th

• 18th

• 19th

• 20th

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Macca gone, Thursday night diversions, those rumours of Mbappe being seen at a Saltdean estate agent failing to be true. Where do you think we will end up?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've gone for 7th but reckon in reallity it will be around 10th. We will not be in any relegation battle but those Thursday Sunday games will cost us in the end. Confident of getting through the UEL league and into the second phase that will cost us even more. UEL followed by Liverpool (H), UEL followed by Chelsea (A) and UEL and Arsenal (A).

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I've hedged my bets and gone 7th. I do think we'll finish top 8 though. I am confident that this team will score a fair few goals next season is and is more likely to win rather than draw games even if we may lose a couple more than last year

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Most optimistically 8th. I just feel like RDZ is so demanding physically and mentally that even with the added experience and strength in depth the Thursday/Sunday thing will be tough. And we gotta go for Europe. Teams won't have done as much leg work on us and we could really surprise some top sides. Here I've gone for 9th. I'd be delighted with anything from 12thish if we do well in the cups.

TudorApples

Nov 4, 2019
Gone for 10th. Anywhere in top 10 would be brilliant if we get to the knockout rounds in Europa, which I think we will!
Would be a shame if we finish any lower as our football deserves a top half finish.
Exciting times ahead!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
From the school of NoShitSherlock, it depends how deep we go into Europe League. I’m hoping quarter finals at least, so 9th

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'd be amazed if we finished above any of City, Arse, United, Liverpool and Newcastle.
Chelsea ought to improve and, given their lack of European distraction and relative stability under Poch, will likely finish ahead of us.
The three most likely teams to challenge for 7th to 9th are Villa, Spurs and us. I think we might get past one of those, but not two, so will go for 8th or 9th.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'd be amazed if we finished above any of City, Arse, United, Liverpool and Newcastle.
Chelsea ought to improve and, given their lack of European distraction and relative stability under Poch, will likely finish ahead of us.
The three most likely teams to challenge for 7th to 9th are Villa, Spurs and us. I think we might get past one of those, but not two, so will go for 8th or 9th.

This.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ever the optimist, I've gone for 5th

But realistically anywhere in top 12 and I'll be happy :smile:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agreed - that's exactly where I am.

The stars aligned nearly perfectly for us last season. I say nearly because for much of the season, I thought there was a chance Newcastle could fail away, and I hoped Liverpool failed to find any kind of form. Obviously, neither of those things came to pass.

I'd settle for any kind of top-half finish, dishing out a few bloody noses to the bigger clubs and some cracking European nights at the Amex.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've gone for 9th too, but that is optimistic and based on the assumption that Caicedo stays and doesn't have a massive strop that makes him difficult to manage/play for half of the season.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I can't believe I am going for 10th, despite being in Europe. When you think since the start of last season we have lost Mwepu, Trossard, and Mac Allister (I suppose we should include Colwill), and next possibly Moises. Around the country I would think people are thinking Charlton/Bolton/Stoke/Saints and this could be our season. But it just does not feel like that. It looks a far tougher division this season - the basket cases of last season look to be doing sensible things, and there have been interesting management appointments. I wonder if this season relegation places will be booked early. Anyway 10th. But delighted with 15th or above and not being part of the relegation conversations.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I think we'll start strong sitting around the top 8 at Christmas then fall away to around 12th. The squad last year were quote obviously fatigued and we have at least an extra 6 games to contend with.

It wouldn't surprise me of we had another strong season but alot will depend on injuries and how our signings settle in. I'd bet on us being 15th before top 6 that's for sure.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Gone for 5th.

Feeling positive. I think RDZ and these players are that good. We’ve got a stronger squad than last season and I also think the Thursday/Sunday issue is in the head and RDZ won’t allow the players to be cowed by it. We’ve got the squad now to deal with the extra games physically.

I also don’t think the other teams that will be around us will be as strong as some on here seem to think they’ll be. A lot of them have plenty more issues than we have.

Edit - this is based on current squad assuming Caicedo stays. If he goes, then probably lower but subject to if anyone and who comes in to replace him.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here