Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where were you born (Sussex born people ignore this thread)

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Chertsey so if it had to be a league team it's probably Brentford but it was Woking I saw as my team when I lived that way I think. I just enjoyed watching football. My Dad was from Brighton though and the FA Cup final is, I think, the first game I remember watching on TV apart from snippets of the 82 world cup.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Born in Oxford, moved to Fontainebleau aged six weeks, then Germany aged 1. Lived overseas till age 10 when I came to boarding school in Sussex.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
:goal:

A simple tap in.

Followed by 20 minutes of VAR checks.
A 30 minute breakdown in the post game analysis.
Then finally acceptance that 'these things work out over the course of a season'.

The exact mantra VAR was bought in to stamp out!

Only to find that your arm was on the border of Kent, so you are a Man of Kent....!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Nanaimo.

So Nanaimo United FC, or - if you wanted to go to the big leagues - Vancouver Whitecaps

Moved to the UK and Sussex aged 6, Brighton ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Born in Lambeth, so Palace. Mum and Dad Brixtonians, but never Palace. Grandfather's - Kingston Jamaica, and Whitechapel (Spurs, but as he got older he reckoned you should enjoy football as an art form, as supporting one team could make you hate the followers of others - domestic or international).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Merton. Wimbledon would have been my team but we moved south when I was only 5. However, had we stayed I suspect I'd have made use of the underground to get to somewhere in north London.

Have been fretting about being born too close to Palace but thankfully, a quick check on the football grounds website shows I was closer to Plough Lane (obviously) then Fulham, Chelsea and Brentford.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Near Tiverton in Devon........so closest league team was Exeter City (the real St James’ Park). Moved to Sussex in 1991 (work relocation from Guernsey).

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Queens Park Rangers probably (yugh).

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Cambridge. I grew up watching Cambridge United, and still follow them somewhat, without really caring. Last time I saw them at the Abbey was in 2010.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Charing X hospital. Its now Covent garden police station :facepalm:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
So if you had to follow a team close to your birthplace who would you be supporting?

I was born in Nottingham so I guess I’d probably have chosen Forest over County

What fun I would have had. Clough and Taylor, First Division winners, two European Cups...things would have been a bit grim over the last couple of decades though

You?

Nottingham also, what was the Womens Hospital in the 60s, closed in the 80s and converted to flats apparently.

Probably chose Forest too but we moved before I was 1 so that didn't happen.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
St. Lukes Hospital, Bradford, West Yorkshire.

Moved to Eastbourne when I was 18, then on to Tunbridge Wells and East Grinstead, then back to Eastbourne where I've settled for life. My Daughter was born in Brighton, my Son in Eastbourne, and I married a girl born in Crawley who moved to Eastbourne when she was 7 years old.

Although not born in Suth Seaxa, it is my home and I love it. I would rather slam my nutbag in a tank turret than go back to Bradford, although half my family live there and I am forced to visit.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Reading :ffsparr:

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I was born in Gloucester but Gloucester and Cheltenham both had non-league teams back then so it would have been Bristol City for me. However I never really had the means or any interest in supporting a team or attending any games until I moved to Worthing in ‘83 when I was 18, then I started supporting Brighton. Now I live in Exmouth so Exeter City is the nearest club, but my heart will forever be with Brighton.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Born on the Isle of Sheppey. Geographically speaking I should be a Gillingham supporter. Brrr!

Thank heavens for familial connections.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here